iLiberty+ for Mac "Preparing to Jailbreak"?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by rhoff11, Jun 24, 2008.

1. rhoff11

rhoff11 New Member

I had a jailbroken 1.1.4 ipod touch until each application froze but the icons still worked (i could get into the app but nothing happened). I Decided to restore and then re-jailbreak. The restore was successful. When i clicked "Free My 16GB iPOd Touch in iLiberty+, it began the process. After about ten minutes of the screen saying preparing for jailbreak, i knew something was up. I stopped the jailbreak and when i attemepted to restore i got the minor major bsd errors. I then, thanks to the creator of the thread, went into to ZiPhoneOSX and "restarted to normal mode," after that i decided to stop attempting the jailbreak and wait for you guys to respond. I restored with iTunes again and now have a fresh 1.1.4 to work with. Do you think i need to download a new iLiberty+?

I just wanted to know what you guys thought about all of this, any help would be great because until then ill have only a regular ipod rather than an awesome one.

Thanks
  2. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

That might be so. Or you got a corrupted installation of iLiberty+

Personally I like ZiPhone better, but hardly anyone supports me ;o;
  3. rhoff11

rhoff11 New Member

Haha very true, it started to freeze up on me so i tried iLiberty
    i just downloaded a new copy of iLiberty and am going to try... I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks
  4. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

Was it freezing up during keyboard use? Cuz that is easily fixable :x
  5. rhoff11

rhoff11 New Member

That and when in installer, i would try to add a new source and it would highlight the edit/add button but nothing happened other than a frozen screen...
    I have nothing against ZiPhoneOSX though. That was the first one click jailbreak i used and had the ipod restored easily rather than like this...
  6. nachos1010

nachos1010 New Member

ziphone is a terrible jailbreak method because it has very sloppy codeing and the guy who made it,Zibri, stole most of it. Use iliberty its so much better.
  7. rhoff11

rhoff11 New Member

Wow...another thing happened just now. I installed a fresh version of iLiberty+ and i jailbroke the ipod but when i went into installer Community Sources was already downloaded and BSD Subsystem was not. Im not sure if this is normal or not but just syaing. When i tried to install BSD it said package download failed even though i have a great wi-fi connection. I just restored and attempted again but then i got the "preparing to jailbreak" lettering forever and i stopped the jailbreak, entered normal mode with Ziphone and am now back where i started...WOW i cant win! Any help?

Thanks
  8. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

Restore it with a pwned 1.1.4 firmware.
  9. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)