iLiberty experience and question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Wyatt2987, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well... First WHAT THE f***! Just wanted to get that out there before I start. But yeah this is my story: I tried to download ZiPhone for windows, I got an error trying to run it and I know why but I at the time I didn't so I just downloaded iLiberity for windows and I got it running. When I did, I didn't restore my iPod because I didn't want to go through the stupid loooooooooong, super long process of putting everything back on my iPod( had to do it anyway and it took about an 1 hour- an hour and 30mins). And so I checked all the boxes in the iLiberity window and hit "go for it!". And it prepared data for about 30 seconds in the iLiberity window and then it did its thing on my iPod. I think it restored itself because my iPod went to the logo when you first turn it on, then the beutiful white text came up. 'So I am thinking great, everything is runnin smooth'. And then I think my iPod went into recovery mode I can't remember, but the computer said iTunes has detected a new iPod you have to restore to use it. So I clicked restore and I think by this time the iPod was doing something I can't remember(if this has happened to anyone else can you fill in my "I can't remembers" if I am wrong? Thanks LOL). It might not have been because I remember my iPod still being stuck in recovery. So I paniced of course. I unplugged my iPod, shut out of iLiberity and plugged my iPod in again. The iPod coundlnt be restore but it was recognized as being recovered. So I tried to manually recover by holding down the buttons the way one person on this forum said to an they said the wrong thing. So I did it while the iPod was plugged into iTunes. It worked! So I figured since I already have to restore, why not try again properly, I started but then I stopped it cause I didn't feel like doing all this again and I knew my dad would b*tch because I been on the computer to long. So I just restored and loaded all my stuff back and and that took forever! Questions: where'd I go wrong? Is iliberity suppose to put the iPod in recovery? How do I know when its done doing its thing?
    I might just wait for SDK cause this is the second time I had a bad experience with jailbreak. I am the type of person that has a small amount of luck and messes up a lot of things. And I hate Recovering, restoring, and syncing. Too much work and I am inpatient.
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Get over it!

A few things:

The SDK is out. People are beginning to realize that it's not going to surpass this community's efforts, and that jailbreaking will still happen.

If you have trouble jailbreaking, just SEARCH. People have encountered these problems before.

If you don't want to jailbreak, enjoy your stock iPod touch until June that only has music, videos and internet.

Please, space your posts out a bit. Reading a whole block like that is annoying!

You could have asked for help and people would have tried to help, but instead you swore at us. That was just stupid.

Anyone who has about an hour can jailbreak an iPod touch with ease. You have to research and KNOW what you're doing.

Please, put some effort into it!
  3. mikeball.mball

mikeball.mball New Member

ugh... don't go checking boxes unless you know what they are for... that is how you get spam

Please Register or Log in to view images

ou

Jailbreaking is not official, it is a HACK, and therefore will not work 100% of the time, which is why it is called a HACK.

If you do decide that you want to jailbreak, listen to these instructions.

First off, restore (ya i know, but that takes all of what... 5 mins? plus, you can load ur music in 10-15. all in all, not that long.)

Secondly, in itunes, turn of the checkmark that tells itunes to open when ipod is connected.

Then, close itunes, and start iliberty+ (make sure it is the + version)

On the main screen of iLiberty+, make sure that jailbreak and setup installer.

press go for it

you may have to unplug ipod and then plug it back in. Then press ok.

Ipod will go into recovery mode, while it installs stuff.

just let it do it's thing.

once it is back at the main screen, you are done.

EDIT: lol guess I took too long to post...
  4. papachango

papachango New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You're a donut

Did you read the guys blog at all? ... it has pictures and everything ... all you need to check is "Jailbreak", the others are for the iPhone ... probably your first step towards doom ...

As the bloke above me said, you can't just jump in balls and all first without doing some research (or at least reading the instructions!)
  5. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow... No need for the hostility I was just expressing my feelings. I am a teenager, cussing is what we do. And I know SDK is out I mean the apps. And I also know reading in block is annoying but I don't have to read it so... Idc. But thanks for taking the time to read it though

Please Register or Log in to view images

Plus I AM LAZY! LOL
    No your response was good timing. The guy before you, didn't help much. I felt like I was given a lecture from my dad or a teacher LOL. But anyways I might try this if I decide to try again. But the syncing process after restore takes a long time for me ad it depends on how much content you have. But I am glad you told me which boxes to check cause I just checked everything like the guide said on the website LOL. Thanks very much.

And papachango, I know I am a donuts LOL. Thanks for putting it lightly and when I say that I am being serious not sarcastic. But I did do my research but I did a better research job with ziphone I will admit it was a very good research process. And I did read the instructions and they had all the boxes checked. iPhone instructions perhaps? But hey I'm on spring break, the last thing I wanna do is read. Ok the second to last, math is totally last
  6. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thank you so much mikeball!It worked!
  7. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I LOL @ j00

maybe you read before you randomly click things

Cursing is what a teenager does? Seriously grow up. Cursing does not make you cool at all. +@7k1^9 1^ 1337 !)035
  8. wagg34

wagg34 New Member

Wow...It's people like you that give teenagers a bad name, for more reasons than one. So thanks a lot. </sarcasm>

I'm a teenager. I very rarely swear, and never in a community forum when asking for help. (And even if I did swear, I never had to because I read instructions properly and jailbroke my iPod properly the first time.)

As was previously said, grow up.