ijailbreak vs ipodtouchmaster jailbreaks

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by marc-hd, Jan 29, 2008.

1. marc-hd

marc-hd New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    So the difference between those two jailbreaks is that the ijailbreak cleans itself after installing so you have more space on your small partition to install apps??
    I used ipodtouchmaster jailbreak ans all works perfect but i have very little space left for apps. Should i restore and jailbreak again using ijailbreak?
  2. hockeystar815

hockeystar815 New Member

you can install the app umm..... i for get what its called but its under all packages and it is like 1.1.3 cleaner or somthing like that and the info will say like removes 300mb file after jailbreak.. all u do is install it and then uninstall it and the file is gone
  3. IpodTouchMexico

IpodTouchMexico New Member

NOT thats for the nate true's jb method, you just need to get bosstool and use "move apps" so u clean up space, or do like me, im staying at 1.1.2 till we get a 100% no bug and working 1.1.3
  4. marc-hd

marc-hd New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    is it ok to move also fonts?
  5. Anderzander

Anderzander New Member

I'm totally confused by whats happening - I updated using the 1.1.3 Jailbreak+iphone apps from ipodtouchmaster......

wasn't there a sticky for it? and its gone?
  6. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry about that, we deleted it when iJailbreak came out. We thought we were whipped but we were wrong : ) 1.5 is due out.....soon
  7. Anderzander

Anderzander New Member

May I ask a quick question - do I need to clean up after touchmaster's method - I just put bosstool on and I've got 0mb out of 279 on /

Seems strange though because I don't have that many apps on there - is there an image in there somewhere?
  8. lennox

lennox New Member

Chris, I'm really bothered by these statements you keep making all over the forums about how your currently unstable jailbreak is better than AriX's. His jailbreak not only allows people to JB from 1.1.1, but also cleans the partition of the 165MB firmware (something you and your team were trying to do). Your jailbreak was full of errors, from the apps crashing and denying permissions, not being able to restart by holding the power and home buttons, to not being able to install apps without crashing.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what you, ipodtouchmaster, and ipodtouchhacker are doing. But this isn't a competition. No one is "whipping" anyone. I've personally used AriX's jailbreak with flawless results. There are a few kinks to be worked out, though. You don't need to go around telling everyone how "his has more errors than [yours]" or how you "were wrong about him whipping you".

I sense petty jealousy abounds, and I really don't want to. Just release your improved version with the cleaner, and let the people who want to use it, use it. Don't shun AriX's.