iJailbreak, iJailbreak Mobile - neither are working for me!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thenewkasanova, Feb 5, 2008.

1. thenewkasanova

thenewkasanova New Member

With iJailbreak, it correctly identifies my os. It knows I have a freshly restored, jailbroken 1.1.1 ipod (well, it didn't know it was freshly restored). It starts "downloading ipod os..." and freezes and doesn't do anything.

So I try iJailbreak Mobile. I download BSD Subsystem and 1.1.1 jailbreaker from Installer. I get to line 48. It tells me permission denied and does nothing. (Yes, I have Wifi.) So I tap on the app again. Now, nothing at all happens. I just get a blank terminal screen. So I go into installer and it tells me I haven't installed anything. I do it again. and again. No dice.

Please help! I want 1.1.3!!!
  2. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OK, i have tried almost all of the different methods for getting up to 1.1.3 just for fun. I think the best so far is the official DEV team method. Point your 1.1.1 to jailbreakme.com, and install the Installer. Then install oktoprep. I think jailbreakme does that automatically now but dont take my word for it. Next plug it back into your PC and Shift+Update it to 1.1.2, you will need to download the 1.1.2 restore IPSW. Just search around google and you will find it.

Next close iTunes and get the file from HERE and unzip that on your computer. If you on windows use the Windows.bat file if your on a mac i believe there is another file included in the zip. This will jailbreak your 1.1.2 pod.
    (Has an on computer user interface takes about 20 minutes.)

Next make sure to install the newest BSD subsystem. Then open installer and find the "app" called "Official 1.1.3 Soft Update(DEV Team)" or something like that. Install that app. This will put an app called Update on your springboard.

Next get on wi-fi plug your pod into a power source and rn the app. This will update to as well as jailbreak 1.1.3.
    (This part can take an hour or more. Just let it do its job)
  3. Gameunreal

Gameunreal New Member

this is actually one of the best guides out there.
    simple and to the point.
  4. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  5. Gameunreal

Gameunreal New Member

missed that! thats the best! this is 2nd best

Please Register or Log in to view images

1 person likes this.
  6. Apple Guy

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  7. Gameunreal

Gameunreal New Member

yeh! gratz
  8. Apple Guy

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    No prob, well actually it did kinda take a while.

But then again I've had over 4000 people look at it so that kinda makes up for it

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yea thats a great guide, most of it and mine are taken right from the 1.1.2 DEV Team jailbreak read me. The 1.1.3 stuff is all new.

Only thing i dont like about yours is the direct link to the restore firmwares.
    I would recommend just saying "find" them, and leaving the user to find it for themselves.
    It is best to distance the forum from the files that apple may frown upon us using.
  10. thenewkasanova

thenewkasanova New Member

Yeah, I do all that. But when the 1.1.2 jailbreak says it is done, my iPod boots into recovery mode and makes me restore.