ijailbreak 0.5.3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by kellygeorge, Feb 20, 2008.

1. kellygeorge

kellygeorge New Member

i tried ipodtouchmaster's update and jailbreak via installer, and ended up with that mail problem (not the password thing, just that gmail will NOT update, i erase messages, they dont go away). after trying just about everything to fix it i just restored and went back to a jailbroken 1.1.2.
    i would really like the new maps features, but i need my mail to work. the 1.1.3 jailbreak thread now points to iJailbreak, but iJailbreak says it is NOT FOR IPOD TOUCH. so.. whats the deal? do i use it or not? sorry to start a new thread, but that one is locked.
  2. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah you cannot do much.
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that's funny, we made that a while back but I don't remember the mail thing being an issue... anyway, it may have been but I know that there is a mail fix either in our repo or just kinda floating around that you can install the mail fix. the google maps thing won't really work that often on a touch b/c you don't have edge
  4. kellygeorge

kellygeorge New Member

maps worked great for me, but the mail problem was different than the problem shat needs the mail fix. i installed that but it didnt help at all. yeah, i dont get it either, but it seems TONS of people have had mail problems on 1.1.3.
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, I'm not sure why they are having those issues, because they are different for everyone, but you might check various things like permissions on the application files and the frameworks and just look for little fixes on various forums. seriously, sometimes google can be your best friend.