iHound For iPhone/iPod Touch is OUT!!!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by MrFairladyz, Jan 28, 2009.

1. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Its been out for flash drives and other stuff, but now its officially out for iPhone/ iPod Touch

Price: $3.99 for the app. Frist 6 months of web tracking is free, but you have to pay an annual fee for service after that.
  2. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What does it do exactly?
  3. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Post a description of the app next time...
  4. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    helps you track down your phone/iPod if stolen
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

I dont think you have to pay after that - I got ihound for my flash drive like 2 years ago and it hasnt asked me to pay yet.
  6. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sry- it tracks down your iphone/ipod touch if you lose it. (when it connects to and internet connected pc, it sends info that allows you to see the exact location...and iphone is always connected.)

also, you do have to pay after the first 6 months (says in the description that i didnt post

Please Register or Log in to view images

.. guess the iphone/ipod touch have to use a different service.)

7. berky93

berky93 New Member

I would get this, but theres one flaw (that the developers couldnt possibly fix)

if you use it on an ipod touch, you have to keep your wifi on every time you want to keep your ipod safe, and you also have to have a thief who happens to keep his wifi open, AND your ipod has to automatically connect to his network. basically its useless on an ipod touch.
  8. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was waiting for this... I kept wanting to suggest it to the people who were having issues with stolen ipods.
  9. LesPaul

LesPaul New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    this sounds pointless. if your ipod is stolen, the person who stole it has to be on the internet, while opening the ihound application, (hopefully they've never heard of ihound before,) and then you look on the site to see where they were when they opened it. useless.
  10. berky93

berky93 New Member

^ thats what I said...

I wish they made it like the flash drive version (or that other security app) where the app is labled "private" or "secret info" or something, and if you open it then it gives you a loading screen, while really sending its location to the internet. if youre not connected to the internet it will say "unable to connect to servers. please connect to an internet network and try again"