iHome Question

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by SugarBob62, Aug 26, 2010.

1. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know this is a silly question, but I'm looking to get an iHome. I have one of the soft silicone cases on my iPod touch. I'm assuming it will still be able to dock on the iHome, with that case on it right? I dunno how the docking thing works.

Also...anyone know anything about them? My local warehouse store has the iP87 on sale. However I can't find anything about it on the iHome website, is it like old or something? I can't even find any reviews on Amazon for it. I'm also looking at the iP9, as it seems to have good reviews, and seems to be the same price at a different warehouse store. So would that be the better bet? And it's actually on the iHome website.
  2. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Anyone??

If anything...can someone atleast tell me if the iPod "docks" on the iHome charger thing, even with silicone cases on??

Still undecided on the models though, I just want to make sure about that.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'm not sure if you'll be able to dock it with the case on. But if the iHome systems that you are looking at are made for both the iPhone and iPod Touch, then it may fit. I say this because since the iPhone is a bit thicker than the iPod Touch, then your iPod Touch with the silicone case may be able to fit. If anything, I recommend you to ask them to see if your iPod can fit in it with the case on. I don't think they'll have a problem with that.
  4. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah I dunno, its just one of those thin ones you like stretch on. Not like hard plastic or anything. And I don't have to remove it to just charge it in the wall outlet, so I'm thinking it should be ok. I just don't want to have to take it on and off to set it on there that'd be annoying...
    I just didn't know what the "plug" part on the iHomes were like. Like does something stick out of it, that the iPod just sits on or what?
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I found the iP87 on Amazon. I think it'll fit, but like I said before, ask them to let you try it out to see if it fits.
  6. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Don't buy anything if you're unsure that it'll fit. Go to a Best Buy or something similar first, cause they usually have a bunch of iPod speaker things on display and you can try them out.