iHalo -Halo4iPhone- Christmas Release + Guide

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Bus_Driver, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bus_Driver

Bus_Driver New Member

Ok, so many of you may have heard about iHalo -Halo4iPhone-. Less of you have heard about the Christmas Release, and fewer know about how to install it.
    Long story short- The Christmas Release is the latest OFFICIAL iHalo Halo4iPhone release, and within several more weeks, a more effective multiplayer and campaign system. Here is the exact entry by Ryan on our dev. blog. Its still a beta, and we dont have ANY coders, but we do our best.

Code:
    Merry Christmas Everyone!

It's time for the long awaited iPhone release of iHalo!

There's two ways in which you can get this release:

1) From the private repo,

or

2) From the link below

The repo for this is:

Code:
    http://repo.halo4iphone.com/crf/

NOTE: The '/' at the end of crf is needed, otherwise Cydia will give an error saying Repo not found.

The link to download it is,
    http://download.halo4iphone.com/dl.php?n=iHalo&v=4.1.2&c=iPhone

Instructions for Installing:

Installing through Repo:
    I don't know what BusDriver's saying, but if you're installing through Cydia, DO NOT install quake4iphone, infact uninstall it if you are installing iHalo through Cydia. If you do not, you'll most likely get an overwrite error.

Add the source above and you're ready to go!

Installing through SSH:

1) Install quake4iphone from Cydia (Yes for the SSH method this IS necessary)
    2) Download the file from the link above
    3) Take the contents inside of the iHalo.4.1.2.iPhone folder, (Should be 'id1, Default.png, halo,' etc.) and copy it into /Applications/quake4iphone.app
    4) Set permissions for quake4iphone.app (755 recommended), and for everything inside (777 recommended)
    5) Re-spring and you're ready to go!

The DS release is coming in a couple of hours, cobradragon1020's gonna post it,

Enjoy! Any problems please report them.
    If you are already aware of this, then please, dont hate. Criticisms are great, and they help us improve what we can improve, but flame and hate are two different things. I hope you enjoy!
    BusDriver
  2. ralphbananas

ralphbananas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i just installed it through ssh (cydia wouldn't let me install it, idk why) and its a good start

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. jd155

jd155 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    cydia source it being weird. But if u hit the install button quick enough before it disappears u can install it through that.
    It says something bought conflicting i dont know blah blah blah
    Once u get it installed it ok though
    kinda neat just to have for the heck of it
  4. armydoc22

armydoc22 New Member

Okay.... i tried loading the repo for IHalo nd it was successful. I go to the actual app to download it and i can't! It says the requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed What the hell does that mean and how can i get it or am i gonna HAVE to do it by ssh?
  5. Vampiric__Lover

Vampiric__Lover Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    how do i set the permissions?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    hey it wont load up for me...
    ok i got it to work...
    really cool...
    difficult controls though
  6. Aznr00t

Aznr00t New Member

yea how do i set permissions? and everytime i run the app, it closes after the first screen (halo with a santa hat). I had a similar problem with appflow (different app) and i was told to make the program "executeble" via SSH. Does anyone know how to do that?
  7. berky93

berky93 New Member

great job! can't wait to test this!
    ok well I tried it. wow. you did a great job! I mean there are still many things that can be done, but considering how it started out (as quake) and how everything is at least recognizable as an object from halo, its pretty good. the only thing that I find to be a real problem is the controls. they're really hard to use for real gameplay, not just exploring. maybe incorporate the accelerometer for walking, and use the virtual d pad for aiming? I don't know.

also, theres no way to pause or go back from a menu. you have to quit every time you want to change levels or even go back in the menus.

---

is there a way to rename this app IN CATEGORIES? it reads "iHalo" on the springboard but its still "quake4iphone" in categories
  8. red_5

red_5 Member

I've been playing this today. I think it's cool. Just a few things needed.

A "back" button in menus

A "menu" button in-game

Rendering tweaks. It's kinda hard to see.

More rendering tweaks. If Cube can get 30fps, I'm pretty sure Quake can too.

Accelerometer controls, similar to Cube. Cube's controls are hard to learn, but very effective when mastered.

Other than that, excellent job!
  9. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I love this game!! the only problem I see is the graphics, just make them around the cube level and I will love this app
  10. jboner14

jboner14 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how do i set permissions?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.