iGrate (wifi migrator)

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by holbikwolff10, Jun 30, 2008.

1. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I hate it when I'm in the car. Here's why: I'll have a million WiFi networks, but I'll be moving relly fast. That means that I cant do anything because I enter a wifi network and 30 seconds later I lose the signal. Not to mention, for 20 of those 30 seconds the wifi was so slow it was useless. And if I try to stay connected, I have no time to use any internet related apps because I have to stay in settings keeping up with wifi.

Please Register or Log in to view images

My solution: Create a program that keeps an eye on WiFi for you, and if a WiFi network with a stronger signal strength and no passcode is detected, it automatically reconnects you. That way, as ong as you're in a city or other densely populated place, you could use wifi sort of like cell signal.

I hope someone takes this idea!

2. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Not a bad idea but it would be kewler if the apps also got into locked networks.
  3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    I don't know if it will work with the connecting time^^ . but still nice idea

!
  4. jls25

jls25 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    for locked ones, that might get u in trouble! HOWEVER very kewl, but if u turn off, connect to all known networks, or w.e it is called, in ur wifi settings, u wont get asked to join, and so it joins w.e it can get! the app would be a great idea, but the pod doesnt have enough strength to pick up a bunch of good free networks, and join the best one.. try wat i sed and it should werk
  5. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If it could connect to muti. networks at once than it could rely on the other network(s) while it's replacing one and connection time wouldn't be a prob.
  6. brisingr

brisingr New Member

nice idea but it still requires 5-10 seconds for it to get the ip. Also, some networks are on, but because the main pc is in standby they give you a bogus (169.169.255.0 or something like that) ip. That's bad
  7. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    yeah that would be coool if we could still use installer and cydia in a locked wi-fi network
  8. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

9. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

i would use it. you would need to get help from an experienced hacker to get passed the locks