iFrogz iPod touch Wrapz

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by lacrias, Nov 9, 2007.

1. lacrias

lacrias New Member

http://ifrogz.com/products.php?cat=351

I ordered this case a few days ago because I was looking for a rubber/silicone case that would increase my grip and add some protection without taking up too much space. Figured I would write up a quick review for others to let them know how it is!

Please Register or Log in to view images

First off, it was very easy to put on. Just tug on a side, slip the touch in after a good cleaning and walla. It fits in snuggly but if needed I could take it out in a few seconds. It's a little thicker then I expected, so it will add a few milimeters, which ended up leaving it as a few milimeters thicker then the iPhone all around.

It feels GREAT though to hold in my hand. I know it won't be slipping any time soon. I'm also finally feel safe with dropping it into my pocket with keys, coins, etc. It looks awesome with the frogz design scheme. Not distracting, yet minimalisticly stylish

From my experience with past cases, I doubt this will leave ANY residue a few months from now if I were to take it off.

The one thing that had me worried at first was that it seemed like this case would make it difficult for me to plug my headphones in since I have an L type connector instead of the straight type. Even though the case added a few mm, my headphones plugged in no problem. The charging/usb cable connected fine as well!

A problem I DID come across was the light sensor - there is no hole for the auto-sensor!!! AHHHHH!!! I haven't done any extensive tests to see how this affects the brightness but for some reason it seems to be dim most of the time. Oh well, just disable auto brightness or cut a hole in yourself (which I will do soon!)

http://gymnasty.net/images/random/CASE REVIEW/5.jpg
    http://gymnasty.net/images/random/CASE REVIEW/4.jpg

SUMMARY:

Pros:
    Feels and looks GREAT! Protection is good enough to survive drops, bumps, and scratches.

Cons:
    Adds a tin bit of thickness. No hole for light sensor. Scrolling (web pages or through songs) gets a little annoying since you always hit the edge of the case at the screen as you swipe your finger over.

8 of 10. (Comparing to inCase's rubber case for iPhone as a 10)
    so yes, I RECOMMEND THIS!
  2. Jess

Jess Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. lilskaterpunk

lilskaterpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I agree, Nice case dude
  4. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Nice this has really made me want one now! :]
  5. vhicke

vhicke New Member

It looks a little big is it to big.Let me know.Thanks
  6. gotwilly

gotwilly New Member

I got this case in Red. I like it a lot.

They advertise that the silicone has been treated to repel dirt and lint; however, I have found that it still collects quite of bit of filth. But it does a good job protecting my expensive toy.

I never thought about it covering the light sensor. Where is this located on the touch. Depending on there it is, I will probably cut a hole in the case to improve display performance.
  7. gotwilly

gotwilly New Member

Vhicke,

It really does not feel too big. It is still thin enough to slide in my pocket with ease and it provides great protection for the Touch. You can go to the iFrogz website for specific measurements.
  8. Infonistacrat

Infonistacrat New Member

Thanks for the review! I was on the fence about this, but I think I'm gonna go get on now. I have an iFrogz cover for my 5.5g video ipod, and I love it. I've probably dropped it 50 times on the past year and a half, and it's no worse for it.

Regarding size, if it's anything like their other products, it will make it bigger, bit it will also make it a lot more secure in your hand.

The only thing I would like to see is the different color band that goes around the outside of the case.
  9. AlphaDog

AlphaDog New Member

DLO Option

DLO has a similar type of cover that incorporates a light sensor hole and allows you to wrap the buds on the back. It won't lie flat with the buds in, but it feels good, has a low profile and does a nice job protecting from bumps, etc. It comes with a clear film cover, but the cover is junk. It is too stiff and you can't line it up very well. Other than that, the DLO product rocks.
  10. kf6tac

kf6tac New Member

You may have found the answer to this already, but in case you haven't, I believe it is a bit left-of-center in the black space above the screen, in the area on this iSkins picture labeled "Open ambient sensor area."