iFile - Playing Music / MP3's

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by HedgyHoggy, Jun 19, 2010.

1. HedgyHoggy

HedgyHoggy New Member

I read that iFile supports MP3 Files and can play music. I also heard somewhere that iFile couldn't do this so it got me worried. I'm generally a paranoid person, so I want to be sure. I made a random directory / folder on my iPhone like "/HedgeyHoggy/Music" by SSHing into my iPhone and I'm about to put an MP3 file in there that's roughly 2-4 minutes long.

If I open iFile and select the music file, can iFile really play it or will it like, freeze up and crash or something? I was planning to put around 50 songs in that new folder I made. But it almost seems too good to be possible. I always hated the iTunes syncing thing...
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It will play it.
  3. HedgyHoggy

HedgyHoggy New Member

Thanks for the reassurance. =)
  4. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It works fine, just make sure that you set up backgrounder to background iFile or something because if you want to do anything while listening to your music it will stop playing when you leave the app.
  5. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Actually sage, I believe you can just hit home and it will still play. Did it for me,
  6. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hm. Maybe he fixed it in a recent release.

No, I just checked. I have the latest version and it's not set to stay in the background. It fades out when I hit home.