If you're upgrading to a 3GS, make SURE to use the Playmesh App...

Discussion in 'Social Game Friend Codes' started by DarkKnyte, Jul 15, 2009.

1. DarkKnyte

DarkKnyte New Member

...Because I sold my iPod Touch before the app came out and have now essentially lost all my Playmesh information.

I sold my iPod Touch the Wednesday before the iPhone 3GS came out, thinking that the account information for my characters was:
    1. Attached to my Apple Account
    2. Backed up when I synced my iPod Touch
    3. Transferrable from Playmesh.

Unfortunately for me, that was not the case. My Playmesh name is "DeejayKnight" as noted in my sig, but when contacting Playmesh reps via email, I essentially got told that I was SOL because I don't have the UDID for my sold iPod.

Part of my reasoning for upgrading to the 3GS was being able to play games like iMafia & other games of the like without having to be near WiFi all the time, and now I can't continue the characters I had!

I'm not upset with Playmesh *too* much, but it would've been nice to see an application that allows you to change devices before I sold my iPod Touch. I now can't access the UDID and that screws me out of the time I spent on Playmesh apps.

-----------

On the other hand, Storm8 was a *breeze* to change. I gave them my family codes & other personally identifying information about me and my characters and they were transferred lickety-split. I even got my Aftershock Innovations info transferred.

So essentially, I got to transfer the information from all the games *except* my Playmesh games. And it hurts because the first social game I downloaded was iMafia. Now I have to lose my 40+ character with billions in the bank.

Will I start over? Hell's no.
  2. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

and your telling this to us because.........
  3. gotaim0

gotaim0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol, insignificance
  4. DarkKnyte

DarkKnyte New Member

Wow. I'm just spreading notice to other iPod Touch users who plan to upgrade about what could happen if they don't use the app.

Does it only matter to those who plan to upgrade to the iPhone? Yes. There are people who decide to upgrade their hardware from time to time, right?

Even of those users, there are only a handful that like iMafia, Pirates, Ninjas, etc, but that's still a group of people that this thread would be relevant to.

If you don't find it useful, keep it moving. There are plenty of other threads!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I can really tell you are a BIG fan of MMO's.