If youre on ipod 1.1.3/1.1.4 and want a 5 icon dock and dont want to pay look here!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by DemonHunter, Mar 19, 2008.

1. DemonHunter

DemonHunter New Member

So if you are currently on 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 and want a 5 icon dock or if youre on 1.1.2 and youre hesitating on upgrading look here.

this is a simple guide on how to get a 5 icon dock on 1.1.3/1.1.4

First of all you will need the caterpillar application by RiP Dev
    to get this you will need to ad this source into installer:

repository.ripdev.com

now go to install and tap the folder called RiP Dev. you will see a ton of wierd stuff but thats not important just get Caterpillar

after you install caterpillar run it (it will ask you to buy it at sometime but click free trial) its like a setup file when it asks you to choose the things you want to install (out of a list of 6 i think) you only need facelift but fell free to install the rest. now click apply at the top and it will install and ask you to reboot.

after youre done go to settings and scroll all the way down to RiP Dev. tap on that and it will lead you to a screen with the things you just installed tap facelift and go all the way down and turn 5-icon dock to on. exit and respring and there you go!

Now the second part is here because the only problem with caterpillar is that its not free but this is why this part is here!

here is the way to make your caterpillar have an unlimited license it involves installing something from installer and once it installs you will have an unlimited lease on your caterpillar!!!!!! just add the source

sephone.nm.ru/ripdev.xml

and got to the RIP DEV folder in installer and inside you will see a new folder called "R.I.P Dev" install that and youre done!!!!

if you need a step by step folow this link:http://youtube.com/watch?v=vSa3gN3UFBk&feature=user

all credit goes to w33d489
  2. Lore

Lore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ill confirm that this works sometimes if you have the trial and follow the steps it doesn't work. Easiest way to get it to work perfectly for you is to mess around with installing the 2 packages until it works. When i first did the fix it worked perfectly until I installed another app that dissabled the fix so i went back and redid the fix activated the features i needed and uninstalled caterpillar in installer so i could still change the features in settings and it works perfectly. (sorry about the randomness of the sentences my train of thought bounces around)
  3. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Great job! This is a great little tweak for getting these useful apps. This sorta reminds me of how i got my anti virus software (ohh how i love nod32)
  4. eng

eng New Member

Device:
    iPad
    great, free stuff is always better than stuff that costs money

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I can confirm this works, very nice

6. blooies

blooies New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    okay everything works (i have the unlimited caterpillar usage..etc)
    but i have the 5 dock ON, but i dont see it..
    and also, its replaced my battery with some calendar.. how do you turn that off?
    thanks.
  7. Jak Fixem

Jak Fixem New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    now the iPot wont sync

i did what was said and now my iPot wont sync with iTunes.

edit: my computer was being wierd. all good now
  8. DemonHunter

DemonHunter New Member

okay blooies im not sure about the calendar thing but if you try to uninstall both packages and reinstall them from scratch that might help.

for the battery i would check customize (if you have it) and put that back to the back up (original) that is in there

the reason that you might be experiencing problems with your dock is that your summerboard might be interfering with caterpillar try to put the use theme dock (on summerboard) to off it might work

otherwise like i said try uninstalling both packages and reinstall them both in the correct order

hope this helps

9. meepo

meepo New Member

did you uninstall summerboard? :S, it wont work if summerboard is installed, but i think thats for reflection though.
  10. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

No, of course you wont see it unless you add the fifth icon...
    like drag the fifth icon to the dock

"its replaced my battery with some calendar.. how do you turn that off?"
    it hasn't been replaced... it has just been overlayed

if you want to remove that you open Caterpillar app, uncheck uCalendar then tap Apply
    then restart