If your ZiPhone 1.1.3 works for you then check this out

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by yanks111890, Feb 26, 2008.

1. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If u had no problems with ziphone 1.1.3 then 1.1.4 will work for u just fine and a restore isnt even necesary.

All i did was update jailbreak with ziphone move the applications and everything was back all i had to do was download the 1.1.3 apps by editing systeminfo file and a few of the fixes from 1.1.3 like SUID, Customize, Term etc...

And of course to make summerboard active just redownload that

Total Time = about 15 minutes to have everything back

Of course only 8GB touch is recommended
  2. anubis2night

anubis2night New Member

I cant get the system info file to save changes any help would be greatly appreciated
  3. bard1290

bard1290 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    is this for real? i dont want to sound reduntant, and i dont want for someone else to confirm this cuz it will take forever, so is that ALL you have to do yanks111890?

and anubis2night i would do it through finder on the touch itself
  4. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    only thing i forgot was to install bsd and open ssh first but im sure u new that

yup worked perfect on my touch took 15 min the only weird thing was i had to manually move apps instead of using boss tool......and to change sys info file ssh into ipod after installing bsd and open ssh then put the file on ur desktop use wordpad to change it to 1.1.3 then delete old file and put that one on ur ipod then you MUST restart ur ipod...and after fixes put it back to 1.1.4 the same way

ill be here awhile so let me no if u have any ?'s on this thread or pm me
  5. anubis2night

anubis2night New Member

thanks but thats what i'm trying to do, I have finder have hidden files checked have the file opened made the changes but for some reason when i hit the save button it does nothing, i can exit out but when i go to settings I'm still at 1.1.4 I know I'm doing something simple to mess it up but not sure what and all my searching tells me to do the same thing. Now if I could just figure out what I'm doing wrong

Please Register or Log in to view images

actually this was directed to the person who mentioned using mobile finder I'm also gonna try using the ssh method many thanks again
  6. bard1290

bard1290 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    alright cool thanks..ill probably be trying this sometime tonight.

after you change it...exit straight out of finder and reboot the ipod and see if that changed it. i had the same problem with doing that at first when 1.1.3 came out and you had to change it back to 1.1.2. over time it just fixed itself as far as i know...unless i did something that fixed it? but anyways just try to reboot it and also try SSHing it like you said..other than that...i cant help ya :/ sorry
  7. anubis2night

anubis2night New Member

hi yanks thanks for the help before i do this let me clarify to make sure I'm doing it right.

I need to copy the systemversion.plist file from system/library/coreservices then put it into a word doc like notepad then make changes save and paste back into the file making sure to delete the old file first right?

my only question is that the systemversion.plist file is a quicktime preferance file will this screw up the system or is there a way to change this file to a quicktime preferances file?

again many thanks for your help
  8. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    nope as long as u dont change the file name it will save it as it should although if it does change u can still ssh the txt file into ur ipod and jus change the extension from systemversion.txt to systemversion.plist
  9. anubis2night

anubis2night New Member

Ok I did it but now it shows version n/a on my ipod any suggestions?

Please Register or Log in to view images

i am supposed to change the <string>1.1.4 to 1.1.3 right? nothing else though?
  10. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yea do me a favor and try downloading 1.1.3 summerboard if that works than ur good to go