If you think 1.1.3 is too glitchy, Try going back to 1.1.1 first...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Teslanaut, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    http://jailbreakme.com/features.html

Jailbreakme.com has been updated.

5. Updated! 2/1/08 Installs Installer.app v3.0 on the iPhone/iPod Touch with Community Sources preinstalled.

8. New! 2/1/08 Automatically oktoprep's (for easy 1.1.2 upgrade functionality, no need to install the package anymore).
    9. New! 2/1/08 Reduced footprint and optimized for speed. We got rid of over 700KB of data and optimized the new application with the new toolchain.
    10. Fixed! 2/1/08 Now removes root.zip and youtube.zip (if present) from the root to make space for more music/apps.
    11. Fixed! 2/1/08 Fixed reliability issues and .svn/__MACOSX directory creation.

It looks as if they've made it cleaner. Maybe it'll even fix some bugs from 1.1.3 since its cleaner?
  2. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Start on clean 1.1.1 > 1.1.2 > update Installer > 1.1.3 Dev GUI
    It's been perfect for me.
  3. Yakovlev

Yakovlev Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    what do u mean by " too glichy"? So should I re jb 1.1.3?, will it fix the locate me problem?
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    speaking of Locate Me, why do you have to be connected to wifi for Locate Me to work? Steve Jobs made it sound like, even if you arent connected to wifi, it will still know where you are. i tried it while connected to my home wifi, it worked perfectly, i disconnected from my wifi, but left wifi on. and it said it couldnt locate me.
  5. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    1337Chaos, take a second and contemplate your question, and think does it make any sense what so ever? How do you expect your iPod to pickup your location without any means of communication. You need WiFi, no exceptions.
  6. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thats what im saying. its not like i turned wifi off. i just disconnected from my own router. according to Steve Jobs, the Location thing triangulates your position via wifi hotspots around you, even if you arent connected to those hotspots. yet it doesnt work unless im physically connected to A internet connection.
  7. cevanz

cevanz New Member

You must be stupid

According to Bill Gates, if you disconnect from something, you'll still be transmitting connection signals.

No. If you had an iPhone this might be the case because you could still use your cellphone carrier's transmissions to show your location. If you are not connected to any sort of network (i.e. WiFi) then you will not be able to show your current location. Read a book
  8. deleted account 4

deleted account 4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Bill Gates, eh?
  9. adocas

adocas New Member

i dont need to install oktoprep now? and do the orginal jailbreak from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2
  10. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

No need to manually install OktoPrep? Awesome. Might be only one step gone but it does save time. Seeing as BSD Subsystem is a 6mb file it saves having to install it 3 times on the way to 1.1.3.