If You Jailbreak..

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by justinjetplane, Jan 21, 2008.

1. justinjetplane

justinjetplane New Member

When the 1.1.3 jailbreak is released, do you think that we will have to go back to 1.1.1 like we had to do if we had 1.1.2? Or will it be on 1.1.3 - no downgrading? Also, if we jailbreak it with the to-be-released jailbreak, will we lose our $20 app pack?
  2. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

I wouldn't imagine that you'd lose the $20.00 app pack... seeing as you'd still be on a 1.1.3 firmware, and iTunes remembers your serial number, thus even if you have to downgrade down to 1.1.1, you'd still have the app pack none-the-less once you've gone back up to 1.1.3.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But regarding the issue of having to revert back to 1.1.1 or not, who knows man... The dev team that is working on this jailbreak is not a part of this forum... You'd have to e-mail them personally... Try leaving a message on this guys personal blog. (http://zibree.blogspot.com/) He's part of the dev team working on the project.

Hope you find your answer! (If you do, feel free to share it with us, as this would be new news to us all).
  3. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Well, it could be a tweak like OktoPrep, which would be installed before upgrading. I would imagine that this could be installed on either 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, but not sure about that. I would imagine most people have 1.1.2 rather than 1.1.1, as 1.1.2 is marginally better, so it's possible that the tweak could be written just for 1.1.2

On the other hand, it could be an exploit found in 1.1.3 that doesn't require any preparation before upgrading. Nonetheless, you'll have to reinstall your apps no matter what. However, as long as you upgrade (even to 1.1.1, ridiculous as it sounds) instead of restoring, the settings and files (such as ROMs) will still be there after you've upgraded.

Most of what I'm saying is all pure speculation, of course. But I can guarantee that at least some of it is right

4. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

It is possible that someone will find a way to SSH into the 1.1.3 firmware, allowing us to simple copy/paste our Applications folder, and keeping all of our 1.1.2 apps/games.

Doubt it though.

Ahh well, having a jailbroken 1.1.3 is definitely worth having to re-install all of my apps... But I'll be quite upset if I have to re-enter all of my contacts!...

5. justinjetplane

So, you're all saying we will probably lose our $20 app pack?
  6. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

No... If you were to read, you'd see that I'm saying that you probably won't...........

iTunes remembers when and if you bought the App Pack, thus, everytime you revert back to 1.1.3, you'll get your App Pack back... So, say you have to downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 to install the 1.1.3 jailbreak.... Once you've got your 1.1.3 jailbroken, you should have your App Pack apps all back up and working.

If you don't believe me, try it out for yourself. (It'd be a waste of time

) Revert back to 1.1.2, then upgrade back to 1.1.3. You'll see that once you sync your iPod with iTunes, your App Pack will be back, as if it were never gone.

7. justinjetplane

Aha, I read all your replies, but I'm a big noob when it comes to hacking talk -it just confused me.

Sounds good - pumped for the jailbreak.
  8. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Oh man, aren't we all.

9. justinjetplane

Thats if I can do it.. iTunes wouldn't let me downgrade (I know how, shiftclick, etc..) It just wouldn't let me downgrade, ahaha. *crosses fingers iTunes won't ruin my plans*
  10. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Hehe, I'm no hacker... I can just understand all the terms those lot use, and make a bit of sense out of it.