If you do not like rap....

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by Guerilla Maab, Apr 12, 2009.

?

Why do you dislike hip-hop/rap?

1. The lyrics.

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. The "lack of skill" required.

23 vote(s)
    44.2%
  3. Don't know, but all my friends hate it.

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. I love it.

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guerilla Maab

Guerilla Maab Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I need to know why.

Is it the lyrics?

Is it that you think it takes no skill?

Do you not even know why?

I'm not trying to start anything here. I just want to know. Take this seriously, and actually vote how you feel. Think about it first though.

These are all the reasons I hear about why people hate it...and all of these are illegitimate reasons, I won't waste time explaining myself because I probably won't change your minds...if you want me to, PM me.

edit:
    At the "lack of skill required" thing...that is just plain ignorance and I shouldn't waste any time talking to anybody who thinks that...it's extremely ignorant and couldn't be more wrong.

If you voted that is takes no skill, make a quality rap song for me and I will accept your reasoning, until then, the amount of skill required is immense, so much that good rappers are so hard to come by that they can't be found, but discovered.
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I don't like current "rap." Rap has, in effect, died and been replaced by some kind of disgusting, repetitive, hip-hop hybrid genre.
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    +1 Current rap has just died, I don't know why but it just has :/
  4. Guerilla Maab

Guerilla Maab Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    All the "dead" rap you hear isn't rap. Its pop, a whole new genre.
  5. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i appreciate the ability to rhyme words and make intelligent statements so i can appreciate rappers like Mos Def. and I like good beats so the old school hip hop/rap is decent in a party atmosphere but i like music i can relate to and it seems like 90% of rappers have a gangster complex and are hung up on living in the hood even though the have more houses and cars than most middle class people. I can't relate to that kind of egotistic self loathing narcissism. I don't like people who put them selves in a situation and then have the nerve to complain about that situation as if it is someone else's fault. thats my opinion anyway.
  6. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's almost a guilty pleasure is what it is. It sounds good, but you can become retarded if you listen to certain artists for an extended period of time.
  7. Guerilla Maab

Guerilla Maab Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I agree...that's almost exactly how I look at it. The lyrics...most of it's gone to waste. It's hard to find lyrical rappers, only a few exist in the mainstream and underground rappers are just that....underground, so it's difficult to find them.

You can't become retarded if you listen to certain artists...even the most gangsta rappers can't make you stupid. You can listen to Young Jeezy and Gucci Mane all day but you won't turn stupid...you'll have their mentality, which is stupid.
  8. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Rappers use too much sex nowadays to get popular. Women with barely any clothes on in EVERY video. Don't get me wrong, nice to look at but its been done, and doesnt show talent.

And plus, they all rap about the same things; women, money, 'bling' - yawn. It all sounds samey.
  9. Guerilla Maab

Guerilla Maab Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So that's lyrics. I think I need to start a huge thread with tons of [legal] mix tapes for download...all from lyrical artists.
  10. In My Mind

In My Mind Guest

And rock music doesn't do the same thing? Be repetitive?
    Seriously, metal, hardcore, all that stuff. All that yelling and stuff isn't repetitive?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.