If you can give some info please

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by Rocky5, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Rocky5

Rocky5 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok thank you for looking here this is my problem im currently on firmware 1.1.2 but I was wanting to update to 1.1.4 but my pc died

Please Register or Log in to view images

so I know I can do it from the ipod but will i loose everything or is there a folder i can place all my music, videos and apps so that they don't get deleted.

Any help would be much appreciated also am using my iPod touch to type this.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The easiest way would be to use iTunes. If not you can copy the Apps folder and the App specific stuff from the Library. Music is itunes_control I believe. Just need to SSH into it.
  3. Rocky5

Rocky5 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah I know of this way already done all that but my pc died so no pc so can it be done on the iPod or does the installation on the ipod of the new firmware restore the iPod as I can't loose anything as I have no way of restoring my backups till can afford a new pc.
  4. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    why not just stay on 1.1.2 until new pc? I don't know if using the iPod way will restore, so wouldn't risk it.
  5. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you could soft upgrade but i woudnt do it cause it isnt stable