If/when they make a flash player, do you think it will be only for 1.1.3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by dudeman123, Feb 3, 2008.

1. dudeman123

dudeman123 New Member

I'm going to downgrade to 1.1.2 because 1.1.3 sucks. Just thinking about the future if they make a flash player, do you think I'll have to re-upgrade (not that it would be too much of a hassle)?
    And I'm guessing its still unknown if/when this flash player will be made?
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    If Apple were to make flash... it would be either for 1.1.4 or higher...

It's unknown when flash is going to be made... no one knows...
  3. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you want to stay current, you'll eventually need to go to 1.1.3 or whatever is after it.
    Its unlikely that any developers will specifically target pre 1.1.3 (although I would expect they would not specifically do anything to NOT support it...) and Apple will clearly only release/support the current release as that is the only version that would support installed apps from iTunes.

So yeah, sooner or later, you'll need to make the move. Give it another week or two, it will suck less (it really doesn't suck now, its just a pain and a mess to get old 1.1.2 apps working under 1.1.3... if everything was updated to support 1.1.3, it would all just work like it used to

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

This seems to be very common - just sit tight on 1.1.2 unless you just have to have a 1.1.3 feature (like, uh, renting movies in itunes I guess) or you like mucking around with permissions, and links, and various other shell stuff, and can deal with some apps not work right with a simple tap of the finger...
  4. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wrong section.
  5. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    How? 1.1.3 firmware discussion is everything about 1.1.3 lol

Also I think Apple and Adobe will like boys and not release flash until the 2nd gen Touch
  6. GTX1

GTX1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Totally agree. If they made people pay for apps on 1.1.2, and give 1.1.3 people for free, im sure there going to screw 1st gen owners over somehow...

Please Register or Log in to view images