IF VIDEOS WORK IN YOUTUBE.app WHY NOT IN SAFARI?!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by MS1026, Oct 18, 2007.

1. MS1026

MS1026 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Has anyone realized that if you click on the YouTube.app you can watch videos on YouTube... however if you visit youtube through Safari you can not watch the videos you want. It gives you the all too familiar "YOU DO NOT HAVE JAVA TURNED ON OR YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF DATE FLASH" and obviously when you go to download you can't... however this is where I wonder what's up..

There must be some file or restriction under the Safari.app folder that is not allowing these youtube.com files to run..(if you have clicked on install macromedia then it gives you the Safari cant download this gile, you will notice if you hit the back button in your browser.. ONLY NOW CAN YOU ACTUALLY SEE THE VIDEO YOU WANTED TO SEE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!)

There is some sort of glitch here and I want to know if anyone with more programming experience can figure out why this happens and if there is a way to fix it..
  2. Eztli

Eztli New Member

YouTube.app does NOT use the Flash Video files on the YouTube website. Apple has a deal with YouTube, where YouTube is providing them with higher quality MP4 files. Safari does not have any restrictions.
  3. MS1026

MS1026 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thank you for clearing that up.. although if you go into youtube through safari, try watching a video of your choice.. then click on yes to download macromedia... when it gives you the error.. hit the back button on safari browser... and hit play... you will see the video you want!!!!!!!! am i the only one this works for?!?!
  4. jord

jord New Member

yes you are the only one that works for...
  5. The Wildstar

The Wildstar New Member

HOLY CRAP! YOu are right! Once the download for Flash failed, I hit the back button, and the page redirected from Youtube.com to the YouTube.app and played the video! Why doesn't it just do that automatically????
  6. KoopaKidd

KoopaKidd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    No, it works for everyone including myself.
  7. MS1026

MS1026 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    OK Sooooo what I am getting at since it obviously works, is how can we create a way that we can have videos like that jump to the Youtube app to be played automatically?!?!?!? Does anyone see where I am going with this? I mean so far we have linked files with Applications in order to create seemingly endless space, now can we possibly link the 2 folders Youtube and Safari so the videos just play?!?!
  8. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Whats the point? Its the exact same as if you were going to watch a YouTube video. It's not like you can play something extra.
  9. MS1026

MS1026 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You are wrong.. if you go into the youtube.app you only get too watch the most viewed, most popular etc... if I want to watch my own youtube video channel I can't unless I go through safari which then gives me this problem...
  10. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just to clear things up, the YouTube app does not include every video that is on YouTube, it may have a lot, but most definately not all of them. It is more like a fraction of them.