If the bottom of the iPod Touch is hot does that mean the battery works?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adamwike, Mar 1, 2009.

1. adamwike

adamwike New Member

Ever since my Jailbroken iPod Randomly turned off last night I've been freaking out. All I can tell you is it wont go into DFU mode and when plugged into the computer it does not pull up "USB Device Not Recognized". I have tried to reboot with iRecovery and Cyw00d. I think it is the battery and just wondered how you can tell if your battery is messed up?
  2. CheeseMo

CheeseMo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, did the battery die or does it still have charge?
  3. adamwike

adamwike New Member

It wont turn on at all so I assume it died. I've had it plugged in my PC for probably 30 minutes now....and it still wont respond to anything but the bottom of the ipod gets hot.
  4. CheeseMo

CheeseMo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just charge it in a ps3 or xbox or something that has a usb connection
  5. adamwike

adamwike New Member

It's been charging through my computer. My problem is I cant get it to go into DFU mode at all and my Computer doesnt recognize it as an "Unrecognized USB Device". Well I give up Im going to replace the battery and if that doesnt work...to the trash it goes.
  6. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    The heat comes from charging the battery, in any other situation the iPod should never get hot, with the exception of the wi-fi antenna.

This sometimes happens with devices, when the battery is dead, but you use the device until it is REALLY dead, and it takes a while of charging to build-it all back up.

At least, that's for a few devices. If you aren't afraid that it might be your battery that's the problem you should charge it up for a few hours and see if it works. If it was the battery, eh... hope for no explosions.
  7. Jmste

Jmste New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Had this problem the other day, it wouldn't turn on when it ran out of battery, tried to charge it and that failed. Somehow it connected to iTunes but it didn't show any of my songs etc. and an error come up but I still could restore my iPod, I think I just restored it back to the original and just re jailbroken it.
  8. adamwike

adamwike New Member

I would re-Jailbreak it if my PC or my friends PC would just recognize it but since it cant I assume that the battery is screwed up and that I just need to order one of the kits online and replace it. It's only $16 so it's not to much of a hassle...if thats the problem.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, your battery might be having some trouble, just let it sit a while, then let it charge again.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know, since my battery hasn't been giving me any trouble.
  10. ALBIM

ALBIM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sometimes batteries get hot. It's stupid to assume it's broken just because it got a little hot. I'd suggest charging it on a wall charger for 45 mins. That usually does the trick.