If the 3G has . . .

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ov3rl0rd, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Ov3rl0rd

Ov3rl0rd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My question to all of you is this. If the iPod Touch 3G is released with a camera and microphone (at the least) will it outsell the Zune HD? Also will it be a better product than the Zune HD?

IMO I believe if the iTouch 3G was released with a camera and Microphone (along with the already added external speaker on the 2G) it would easily outsell the Zune for a number of reasons.
    1. It is an iPhone minus the part where you can call people, however you would be able to use Skype and such, which is a major Plus for an iTouch
    2. A Camera has not been seen on an MP3 player aside from the iPhone and with an addition of a Camera, which the Zune HD does not have, the iTouch 3G would easily outsell the Zune HD.

Now when it comes down to it, is it a better product?
    I personally can't speak for either side, but sources say that the Zune HD is a durable and smooth piece of technology and is simple to use. Now many know the iTouch is not the most durable thing in the world, but there is no reason you should need a piece of steel in your pocket right? The Zune may be more durable but I feel the Zune HD is a competitor for the iPod Touch 2G, but once the 3G comes out the Zune HD will have no chance. If microsoft was smart, they would have skipped out on the poor (original) Zune updates and began production on the Zune HD sooner, because now they will be in competition with the 3G instead of the 2G, which may cause them to loose the competition.

Those are my thoughts, how about yours?
  2. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    And, The iPod Will win, Because, It's Apple.

You get the name when buying a iPod. It's a Apple iPod.

Not a Microsoft Zune HD.
  3. Ov3rl0rd

Ov3rl0rd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thank you for making that point, I forgot to add it in ^^

So basically everyone who has bought an iPod have gotten there money's worth and Apple has been proved to be a trustworthy name. However Microsoft failed to impress with numerous products, from windows vista to Zune updates and have shown they may not be the way to go
  4. tgluak

tgluak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nope, its more the whole thing Apple has got going on. Any product they release can suck people into buying no matter what the competition has going... iPod shuffle anyone?
  5. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know I admit it if microsoft released a zune better than the iPod I would get the iPod because it is Apple! How do they do it

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What would happen with people I know...

*kid is listening to music*

idiot 1: Is that an itouch?

kid: Nah it's the new zune hd

idiot 1: WTF is THAT

kid: Ummm... its like an ipod from microsoft

idiot 1: Wow you are SUCH a nerd

idiot 2: Yeah, loser go getz an itouchzz

btw I am literally the only one at my entire school that calls it an ipod touch...
  7. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

^ This man speaks the truth. I had a 60GB zen vision m throughout high school and people would ALWAYS say "What is that? Looks like a cheap ipod rip off... Get a REAL ipod", or something along those lines.

I loved my zen though. Never went anywhere without it. I still use it

8. jp!

jp! New Member

I'm (many people I know as well) getting the iPod Touch either way. If it gets a good camera, it'll definitely be very useful for me since I have to camera, and I need one ^^
    With Apple, you know it's going to be quality, sexy and impressive. Microsoft.. well it's Microsoft.
  9. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    These are Microsoft's products:
    Windows: Imitation of OS X
    Zune: Imitation of iPod
    Bing: Imitation of apple.com (jk, google obv)

I actually just wrote an article about the Zune HD on my website. There's a link in my sig if you want to see it.

10. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I think that the Zune HD is better if you want JUST a music player and video player.