iOS 3.1 If someone could break this down for me...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by GTX1, Nov 8, 2009.

1. GTX1

GTX1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, first of all, I'm not a "newb". I know more than the average user on this site about jailbreaking and such. I don't honestly care if there is 3,000,000 other threads on this topic, as my thread will take up a mere .01 kb. of space on the servers. Honestly. I don't care. On to my question...

I've had a life for the past 8 months, and really haven't been on here. I'm looking to go from my 1st gen 32 gb to a 3rd gen 32 gb. From what I've seen, you can only get a tethered jailbreak on it as of now. My question is, what "p0ison" or "ra1n" or "sn0w"(Honestly, is there any more idiotic names for a program we can use? I don't think we're really utilizing our 13 year old vocabulary here.) will be released that will offer a full jailbreak? If there is none, then is it even possible?

Thanks for your time.

PS. This was in no way shape or form meant to be mean. But me knowing this site, someone will go ahead and call me out on it anyways. Thats life.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

greenpois0n. Released? No. When? No one knows.
  3. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was going to ask why you were being so sarcastic, but then I saw the Post Script...
  4. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    quit being so mean yo
  5. Smithy

Smithy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Blackra1n sounds like what you're looking for: quick, easy jailbreak solution for all existing iPod Touches and iPhones running 3.1.2 software from Geohot http://blackra1n.com/
  6. GTX1

GTX1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No. I was asking if and or when a program will jailbreak a 3rd generation iPod Touch(32GB) fully. As in, non-tethered.

My 1st gen is already jailbroken. A question of what can jailbreak that was totally not in question..

And thanks Chris, you actually answered it.
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

8. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    if you dont like the names they choose for THEIR programs that THEY made to help YOU for FREE then dont use them. or make your own and name it something you like. like..... BigFl0ppyD1ck.
  9. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    the only untethered jailbreak is greenpoison and nobody knows when it will be released. Some say at the end of this year other say next year after the new iphones are out.

There might be a greenpoison lite version released early than the full gp that it semi tethers the touch so it can still reboot fully but non cydia/rock apps won't work until you run gp lite again

http://chronic-dev.org/blog/2009/11/greenpois0n-what-it-is-and-what-it-is-not/
  10. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that made me lol..... anyway there is no untethered jailbreak for iPoT (yet)