If Reach is the last halo....whats up with the ending in H3

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by vin4cen, May 8, 2010.

1. vin4cen

vin4cen New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey, i wanted your guys/gals oppinions on the whole halo thing. If you guys havn't beaten halo 3 on legendary or whatever it is you have to beat it on it, chief says at the end to Cortana "wake me up when we get there" and it (the ship) floats into space. So ODST comes out, now reach in fall; but no one has said anything about some possibillites about Halo 4. I mean the end in H3 is a total cliffhanger. They would probaly make big bucks on a halo 4. Note: don"t flame me if i got something wrong here.
  2. FluffyofDoom

FluffyofDoom Member

idk i keep wondering about this to......lol i need an answer
  3. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well When Halo 3 ends,Its like MC knows he might never be found,but hes just being cool about it,I bet he is still up their,and humans have made friends with The Arbiter,its like a sort of "some day I will return" Just to show the halo games might not continue,but the battles 'off screen' will
  4. metalhead777

metalhead777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Precisely.

They're just giving him a break, he's had lots of fame and popularity these last few years and wants to take a vacation til 2012 or so.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. SpoonIsTooBig

SpoonIsTooBig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I hope they make one like a prequel, like maybe like the first encounters with the covenant
  6. metalhead777

metalhead777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That is Reach, my friend.

They should do the training to become a spartan though, that'd be pretty epic to play!
  7. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There will not be a Halo 4 from Bungie studios. Reach is the last one they're going to do.
    Whether or not Reach has anything to do with Master Chief, is unknown, but highly unlikely. He was *technically* in the vicinity of Reach, but I think that he'll be absent from this one.

Microsoft own the Halo IP, and have formed 343 studios to continue the Halo franchise after Bungie move on. So they may decide to make a "Halo 4", but I think it would be highly unlikely. The ending for Halo 3 has a nice symmetry to Halo 1's beginning, and to tamper with it would be stupid. I personally think they should just leave the Master Chief arc as it is.
  8. metalhead777

metalhead777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    True. If you've read the books, Master Chief is mentioned and all, and he escapes onto the Pillar of Autumn. So he'll be shown for sure.
    They need to remake Halo 1 and 2 with new graphics, pl0x.
    He'll come back, don't you worry. He'll be back.
  9. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This will be Bungies last Halo game, but Microsoft have a new Halo studio, 343 Industries. I'm pretty sure they'll be working on Master Chiefs new story set up at the end of Halo 3. It won't be Halo 4 -- that story is done with, but it'll be set in that universe after those events with Master Chief. It'll probably be for the next Xbox, I think.

Reach takes place before Halo 1, the fall of the Spartans and the 6 main characters are early Spartan prototypes. As far as I know the story ends with the fall of reach and the beginning of Halo 1, so we might get a Master Chief cameo at the end that links Reach with the first game.
  10. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually, they're not early Spartan prototypes. Apart from Jorge, who is the only Spartan II, the rest of them are Spartan IIIs. Unlike their predecessors (Jorge and the Master Chief), Spartan IIIs are "disposable" Spartans.

Spartan IIs underwent horrific augmentations in which the majority of them were either killed by the process, or too maimed to be used in active duty. This high mortality factor meant that the Spartan II project was too expensive to keep running. Therefore, the Spartan III project was born. They didn't use such horrific drugs and augmentations this time, but instead used more dangerous ones. This means that the life span of a Spartan III is considerably less than that of a SII.