if i trade in old ipod touch for new one, how much do i have to pay

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Narutimateha, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Narutimateha

Narutimateha New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how much money do i have to pay.
  2. Wolpy

Wolpy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    In my country there aren't apple stores but apple has a reseller, and if you bring in an older ipod you get 25% off the price of a new one. Not sure if it's that way in all places but I suppose it's a reference point.
  3. Ryuuie

Ryuuie New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It depends which iPod touch you have. However, you usually have to pay the difference between the price you got for the iPod you sold and the new iPod's price.

Stores like Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart, and I THINK Target will do trade-ins on a lot of electronics, not just the iPod touch.

The catch with BB and Walmart is, you have to mail in your electronic device and wait for a check. If you bought the device at Best Buy, however, you can just take it back to the store.

For Radio Shack, they will give you your cash up front in the form of a Radio Shack gift card. You can use that immediately towards a new iPod if they have any. This is how I got my new iPod touch.
  4. Narutimateha

Narutimateha New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its a 2g 8gb. how much
  5. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The Apple Store is not a barter market. If you give them your old device, they give you 10% off. No trading and paying the difference.
  6. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    If you do it @ the Apple Store, it won't be worth it. If I where you, just sell it to someone.
  7. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah, eBay ftw. Write 5th Generation, this way you'll get a couple of thousands xD
  8. Ryuuie

Ryuuie New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That depends on what quality it's in.

My 2nd Generation 8GB was in good quality with normal wear on the back. I got $47 for it from Radio Shack. I can't tell you how much you'll get though, you will just have to take it in and see.

By the way, it helps if you bring in the USB charger that the iPod came with and the box and manuals if you still have them. At the very least, bring the iPod and the USB cord and you'll be fine.

EDIT: I agree with the others too, use eBay if you can. I was told that if it's already jailbroken and you sell it, then you can get more for it.