If I sync my ipod touch after removing albums from puter, will it remove from my ipod

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by buddha01, Oct 15, 2008.

1. buddha01

buddha01 New Member

Ok im new to Itunes and my item in the world,my ipod touch 16gb.

I use vista and I downloaded itunes, Im starting to get the hang of putting songs and albums into my libary and all but Im at the stage now were Id like to remove some of the songs and so on, from my computer.

Is there any way to sync music on to my ipod and have it stay there even if its gone during a future sync, say were I want to upload or sync new audio books.

Sorry im really new, I did see it was possible to manually manage syncing of images.

Guess this is a week 1 question, whats the answer do you have to keep ever thing you expect to keep on your ipod on your computer or can you move on but keep your music you did before on it with out losing it?

Thank you very much.

bud
  2. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    whats puter? And if its off your iTunes, its going to be off your ipod, unless you bought them, then it will say "transfer purchases"
  3. buddha01

buddha01 New Member

omg I just read what I posted there and it makes no sense and I know what Im talking about.

Man I need to sort my posts out, Im sorry about that.

Right what I ment was, say I have a folder called c:\temp\ and in there I put sub folders containing my music, videos, images and so forth.

Well I dont want to keep like 6gb of stuff in there after its been put on to my ipod. thats what I ment to say.

So for instance right now I have less than 3gb free on my c:\ drive, and about 10gb Id like to remove but it is sucessfully on my ipod, My worry is the next time I sync its going to automaticly remove it from my ipod even thou I want it to stay there.

Thats what I ment to post before.

Thank you any way, Ill try to figure this out myself.

Bud
  4. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    An alternative is to select "Manually Manage Music and Videos" from the iTunes menu after you connect the usb. This is if you want to only add songs you want and if you don't want iTunes to remove songs from your iPod automatically.
  5. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, its called syncing. your itunes and ipod will be exactly the same. what ever you take off it will take off you ipod.