If I send my iPod to Apple®...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Hrimfaxi, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Hrimfaxi

Hrimfaxi New Member

I didn't find topic about this, so if there is already one, just delete this useless thread.

When I unpacked with large smile my iPod Touch, I was pretty upset.
    The reason is the several dead pixels laughing at my face, who were only on MY iPod and not of the other one (owned by a friend who ordered with me).

But now, I'm bored and I have the impression than avarage of dead pixel increased... So I send a remplacement by mail to Apple® and they are probably writting me an answer (I guess it will be positive, because I have more than 5 dead pixels, and green-ones).

I asked for being kept my engravement, because I love it and maybe I'll have back an new iPod with 1.1.3 + apps. I hope I will (even if the dock sux).

What do you think about it ? I know I'll be Touch-less for few weeks, but I don't really care I still have my very old 4Gb Nano. Who bet on me? If I have a new iPod Touch 1.1.3 with apps, I think many of you will send back your engraved iPod and ask for remplacement using the pretext of dead pixels, I am wrong?

PS: I asked for remplacement because I was 99% bored of dead pixels and 1% annoyed by having to pay.

PSS: Please no "OMFG why don't you use JB?!", that not the summary.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    this is out of the topic but

why does everyone hate the new dock...i personaly like it
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

me too. i love the new iphoney dock.
  4. Codizzle69

Codizzle69 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that dock sucks. 1.1.2 FTW
  5. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I like the touchone better. But if i had to have it i could care less it's not horrible.
  6. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yea iPhone sucks nards...

Its better to have a small transparent one...

Or the Touch one.
  7. sahba99

sahba99 New Member

Same here

When I unboxed my ipod touch about 3 weeks ago had the same problem with only one pixel (dead) 3 days later I took my ipod to apple store.At first they tried to scare me by saying like you should pay %10 of the price in order to give you a new one ! had a little argue with them and waited in line for a MAC genius who were pretty cool guys.after I told them I bought my ipod 3 days ago the guy asked the other one to grab me a new one.So they replaced my ipod in this way! I recommend to you to take it to where you have bought it ! they have to change it for you as the product had been defective.
  8. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i doubt they are going to engrave another brand new one and send it to you. id rather have the free apps then the engraving. i mean, if you have a case on it you cant see it, and if you don't it will be so scratched up you wouldn't want to

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. arh

arh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wonder if one white pixel is enough to replace the ipod?
  10. john319

john319 New Member

It depends on how much you complain. If it happened to me I wouldnt stop bothering them until they gave me a new one. Thats a defect, and there no way that you could have caused that.