If I restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTorment, Aug 13, 2010.

1. iTorment

iTorment Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    In an effort to fix the terrible battery life on my 3G 32GB Touch, has anyone tried restoring their device to fix battery life? My main questions is if i do restore my device do i lose all my app game saves? In other words, would I retain my app data?
  2. Touched

Touched New Member

I just restored twice, and if you mean saved games and etc, you won't lose them. I even had an error on a restore, and even with that, I didn't lose any of the game saves etc. BUT, i lost some files on iFiles and other apps like that, i dunno it if was because of the error, or because you'll lose them anyways.
  3. Dreaded

Dreaded New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Restoring would completely erase all your applications, including your saved data. It would reset your iDevice, as if you had just bought it. So it might help your battery life, but before restoring, check out this thread for tips on battery life conservation.
  4. Touched

Touched New Member

I'm sorry, i meant if you did a backup before restore, and then load it, of course.
  5. iTorment

iTorment Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've actually had to restore from a backup four days ago via some random iTunes requirement. I figured if i did a new restore, it would erase everything but i was hoping the game saves would still be saved in the app folder iTunes creates.

I'm trying to figure why my battery goes from 100% to 20% overnight just from listening to music.
  6. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    TURN OFF THE WIFI, 4.0 keeps wifi on constantly and over night it will almost kill your battery. There have been dozens of these threads please search before you post.
  7. iTorment

iTorment Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wi-Fi has been turned off. i've turned it off on the touch and i have unplugged my router and removed my cable, still sucky results.
  8. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Turning down brightness is a good tip too, especially in the dark when you dont really need brightness at all anyways.
  9. iTorment

iTorment Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Brightness is also set to about 15 % with auto-brightness on as well. another thing to note is that i manually exit all my apps via multitasking.