If I pay for games and apps now, does that mean...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by steeped, Jul 13, 2008.

1. steeped

steeped New Member

Sorry if this was already answered - I have been away for the first bit of summer, but came back home to civilization because I got sick with laryngitis. So no I am trying to read all the threads on the updates of 2.0 and the App store, but I have just one question:

Since 2.0 hasn't been jailbroken with installer, if I buy the apps from the AppStore now, will I be able to get them back without having to repay to get them once I install the jailbroken 2.0 when it is released?
  2. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yea, you can sync your apps with iTunes. Do that before restoring/updating to a different firmware, and when the time comes, you can just resync them to your iPod/iPhone like you would do with a song.
  3. hockeynut0103

hockeynut0103 New Member

Like can't you just back them
  4. steeped

steeped New Member

Well since I already asked an obvious question, I don't think I can sink any lower so I might as well go for the gold and ask anyways - how would I sync my apps to iTunes? Is there a guide? I have never sync'd my songs, I just did it manually. Is there any guide out there?
  5. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    easy, along with the 3G iPhone support the 7.7 iTunes has added an "Applications" tab in your menu on the left where all your ipod games and apps go. Also once you update to the 2.0 firmware an "applications" tab with now exist where you can choose to sync all your apps or just the ones you want.

Please Register or Log in to view images