If I jailbreak and restore if i have issues, will apple fix it? Or is it traceable?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by qwertytouch, Apr 19, 2008.

1. qwertytouch

qwertytouch New Member

also if i do jailbreak, is bricking only possible with iPWN, because i'll use ziphone, or if you have any other recommendations, and i really dont want to f*ck up my ipod. also, sorry if i'm a noob, but whats the spinning wheel of death?
  2. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i realy want to know this aswel.... is there any trace of it been jailbroken even if its been restored freshly through itunes?
  3. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Pwnage can brick your ipod, if you brick it and it wont turn on, apple wont know anything and will probably give you a new one on the spot if you go to a apple store. If it boots continuously, it will show the pineapple so they will probably charge you.

Nothing else bricks it

Restore removes all traces, but do it in DFU mode
  4. qwertytouch

qwertytouch New Member

THANK YOU

and whats the spinning wheel of death? and do any of you have a heads up of apps not install
  5. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thats just when your ipod wont doesn't know what to do and you see a spinning wheel (usually when you get stuck at the boot logo) but thats easy, just restore

Not really but the apps i don't like are categories and poof
  6. qwertytouch

qwertytouch New Member

thanks so much, i repped you,

lastly,

is ziphone good because i heard of the bsd error, is that easily fixable, because i know it can be fixed, and is it possible to brick with a program other than iPwn, and, sorry, im probably annoying, but, if i install ziphone, will i get the january software update, and wiggle feature?, and will i be able to update to 2.0?? and whats the best thing to jailbreak with besides pwnage?
  7. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    THX FOR REP, Lol

Follow my jailbreak guide here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54152

If you mean update to 2.0 when it comes out? then yes.

I hate ziphone, use iLiberty + (Just follow my jailbreak guide)

Dual Booting can also brick your ipod if you don't know what you are doing, but your not gonna dual boot

BSD Root error is easily recoverable by entering restore mode and then restoring

Follow my guide to get everything you need, including the 1.1.4 apps with wiggle and web icons (aka January software update)

Your ipod is not bricked as long as it was done by something other then dual booting or pwnage (i pwned my ipod fine) But any other program can not brick it. Just put it in restore mode, and restore.

Hope this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images