if i did it wrong the first time with DFU mode then what?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by no_one, Jul 29, 2008.

1. no_one

no_one New Member

dou you complete the restore proces with the itunes and go back to start from the beginig?
    or dou you try again ?

i have tried it 20 time with the times 10 sec both buttons and 10 sec only home but stil get the pic on my ipod screen of itune connecting..

need help pls
  2. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

start from the beginning would be a good idea so that you are starting from a fresh.

the new dfu mode involves having the ipod powered off before the 10 second thing.

so starting from a fresh restore, plug ipod in, hold the power button down and swipe to turn off and give it a min.

hold the home and sleep for 10.
    when you reach 10 let go of the sleep button hold the home button for 10 and iTunes should popup saying detected ipod in recovery mode and the ipod screen should look like its turned off.

I found that DFU can take a little longer with windows so if you are a windows user just keep the button held down till you hear the usb device connected noise from the speakers.
  3. ElTres

ElTres New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you just want to get into DFU, try again. 10 sec is however not enough. Both buttons till shutdown, release sleep button after 1 sec and press home for at least 45 sec!
  4. no_one

no_one New Member

so now i was on 1.1.4 and done the winpwn thing so know that i failed to enter DFU mode from the first time i should restore from itunes original update to 2.0.0 and star the winpwn prosses again?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    just now i tryed your way and still nothing happens

am just wondering is its so hard to do it why does nobody has any tutorials on what to do if you fail the first time?
    PS. after the first fiailed try i cant star my ipod normaly it starts on recovery mode on its own!
    i restored again and startes the prossee fro the beginig
    and stil i get the plug in to itunes pic
    can anyone held me and describe in detail how its done?

do you start from a poweroff pod?
    any details becouse a tryed it 30 time an cant gat ti to whork p

plz!
    an on 1.1.5 now and cant enter in to dfu mode..

am using winpwn_2.0.0.3 on vista 64bit ultimate

itunes 7.7

any clues?

need help!
  5. tomkentpayne

tomkentpayne New Member

To enter dfu mode from fresh 2.0 you hav to do wat andybno1 sed and hav the ipod truly turned off before doing it
  6. no_one

no_one New Member

now am on 1.1.5!
    does it mater?

and yes its fresh installation becuse avry time i try it and fail i have to restore again...

bud i have the ziphone icon on my restored ipod.. does this mean that is not fresh?
  7. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Incorrect. You do NOT have to turn your iPoT or iPhone off before booting into DFU mode. I did it without turning it off and it worked whikkity split - Like magic.

This isn't true either. You don't have to hold it for at least 45 seconds. I have no idea where the hell you heard that.

-- If you CAN'T get into DFU mode, make sure that:

A. Your iTunes is PWNT and is version 7.7 (if you're doing the 2.0 update, which I'm pretty sure you are).

B. That you currently HAVE 2.0 FW ON YOUR IPOT / IPHONE. Without 2.0 present on your.. device, you will NOT be able to boot into DFU mode.

... Check to make sure you meet the quota and then try again.
  8. no_one

no_one New Member

i think that the tutorial says that is works with 1.1.4-through 2.0.0 fw
    any way i can try to update to 2.0.0 fw

can i use the one i downloaded for the winPWNT jailbreake?

becuse i only can get up to 1.1.5 in itunes i thing...
    guys found the problem!!

i upgraded to 2.0.0 using the fw i dl for the winpwn jailbrake and i started again from the begining
    and it was so easy entered in to DFU mode with the known way turn of and wait 5 then on with 10 sec both buttons and 10 sec home button

works grade

i cant understant why people say it works with all FW from 1.1.4-2.0.0
    i have tried with both 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 and failed 30 times each!!!!!

so when people say something they better know for sure that it works!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images