If I bought a iPhone will it do like my iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by mikesmac, Feb 21, 2008.

1. mikesmac

mikesmac New Member

I have a ipod touch jailbroken with 1.1.3. I understand all the jailbreaking and stuff like that. The question that I have is that I'm thinking about getting a 16GB iPhone because it's going to be about 8 months before AT&T get to my locations. I know you can jailbreak the iphone with out activation. If I was to jailbreak the iPhone will I be able to sync music, photos, movies, bookmarks, calendar, and contacts. Will the wifi still work and will the camera also work. I guess what I would like to be able to do is the same exact thing that I do know with my iPod touch but also have the camera feature to be able to take and send photos as long as I have wifi. Then if AT&T ever get to my location I can then activate it. Can anyone 100% tell me what will work or not work on the iPhone if I jailbreak it and not activate it.

Thanks,
    MikesMac
  2. owner

owner Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    You should be able to do that, when using ziphone just select jailbreak only and it should be fine.
  3. vegaspimp13

vegaspimp13 Banned

YEah you can also get activation and stuff like that through ziphone.
  4. Uniquement

Uniquement New Member

Well actually you can. Your iPhone will work fine, but without the calling function. You can however activate your iPhone with the installer, unlock it, and use whatever sim-card you want to.
  5. mikesmac

mikesmac New Member

All Works!!

Thank for the information. I bought the 16GB iPhone . It's now jailbrokem running 1.1.3 and a pay as you go phone sim card. Works like a charm with no problems what so ever. Anyway thanks for posting some information for me to read.
  6. numaguy

numaguy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can you still go on the internet using EVDO and what sim car ddi du get
  7. mikesmac

mikesmac New Member

What I used

Yes edge does work. The pay as you go phone that I bought was the Motorola C168 and that is the sim card that I used. This way I do not have a 2 year contract with AT&T. Just remember that you have to do this a certain way for it to work.