If Apple is like Sony...

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by deleted account, Apr 17, 2008.

1. than bricking may be possible.

The term "brick" did not originate in the PlayStation Portable scene, but is used in both the non hacking and hacking scene, the hacking scene more though(you can go in and see the system files via USB, and deleting or flashing corrupt plugins causes a brick) . When you turn of you PSP while it's updating the firmware doesn't flash all the way or incorrectly, rendering it as useless as a brick. I was surprised to hear that term here but obviously I'm not the only PSP owner here.

Back to the point. Corrupt or incomplete firmware's, or one's that are flashed/installed incorrectly (noobs with WinPWN) can make your iPod one expensive paperweight, or a nice glass and metal building material (BRICK).
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I was originally a PSP hacker before I bricked my fat one. Decided to just go with the official firmwares on my slim. It seems like jailbreaking the iPod Touch requires much less actual work on the part of the iPod owner than custom firmware installations did on the PSP. If you're patient enough, you get programs like iLiberty and Ziphone that do it for you, something I never saw for the PSP.
  3. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Bricking did not start with the PSP scene.
  4. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    You can unbrick PSPs. Its not hard.
  5. unless you have a pandora battery for psp. DA made a pandora bootfile that takes you straight to m33. I took a chance and hacked my slim by the da bootfile. I got and hacked my phat release day.

May I ask where then.

Not unless you have a pandora or a already hacked PSP.
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I point you to Two places. Here for "Bricking"

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54790&highlight=Definition Brick

And here for The....

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Any smart person with knowledge of an unbricker for the psp that they are hacking would keep pandora's or desperato's as a backup, ready to go just in case. And if you take into account the risks involved with said hacking, you will look for recovery options. If you dont, you dont deserve to hack the device.
  8. Sadly enough, people are careless. I have an extra battery and have desparto and the MPL on my mem stick.