idk what happened

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by killaserg, Apr 20, 2009.

1. killaserg

killaserg New Member

Ok i downloaded the thing from cydia that allowed me to change my boot logo i changed it and then went to my home screen and slid down the sbsettings and clicked power off and then clicked reboot now the ipod wont turn on and when i hook it into the computer it dont connect it says it malfunctioned hope you guys can help me
    i tried pressing the home and power button and it didnt work
  2. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    did you jailbreak with redsn0w .3 beta? if u didn't then ur screwed.. well not really.. Logome is what you downloaded. it won't work with the ipod touch 2g unless you are jailbroken with redsn0w .3 beta. what you have to do is DFU mode then restore. then find the redsn0w .3 beta, and jailbreak.. then u can change your boot logo....

DFU

hold power+home for 10 seconds... then let go of power and hold home for another 30 at the most

do this while your ipod connected to your computer.

itunes will recoginze your ipod as in recovery mode and ask you to restore.. if you restore to 2.2.1 default FW, and then after that, run redsn0w .3 beta... within maybe 10 minutes tops you will b jailbroken again and able to use Logome.

Thank the Fusion Dev team for helping you!
  3. killaserg

killaserg New Member

i jailbroke it with umm quickfreedom and it was working fine till i downloaded the thing from cydia and then turned off my ipod now it dont turn on at all
  4. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yeah exactly. what you downloaded was Logome. Logome won't work with any Jailbreak except the redsn0w .3 beta Jailbreak. with quickfreedom it wont work. quickfreedom is a good jailbreaking tool, but Logome will not work with it. so.. if u want to have Logome, you need to DFU mode-Shift+Restore to a factory firmware setting, then run the redsn0w .3 beta program. after that you will be jailbroken again, and you will b able to use Logome.
  5. killaserg

killaserg New Member

ok thanks man where do i get that redsn0w .3 beta program from

im new at this
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    nvm i got it all figured out but thanks so much you just saved me
  6. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    hey no prob. its all good. helpin ppl is what i do.

the redsn0w program can be found at

www.redsn0w.com

then 3 links will show up, and depending on which OS you are using (mac, windows or linux) pick the one you want, let it download and then unzip it. then run redsn0w.exe with your ipod connected to your computer. you will have to enter DFU mode manually tho... but it should be a zip file... if it isn't (i've had that happen where it wasn't), search it on here.. search button at the top, type redsn0w .3 beta and i'm sure you'll find a ******* link somewhere.

thank the fusion dev team for helping you!

hope this helped
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oh ok cool dude. well i'm glad to help! any other questions feel free to PM me.
  7. killaserg

killaserg New Member

dude my computer wont read my ipod and the ipod wont turn on what do i do
  8. yasha613

yasha613 New Member

Afraid you might be a bit confused at this stage. However, installing logome won't cause the issue your seeing, the app itself just won't function.

You need to put the Ipod in DFU mode. Since your not actually posting what error message(s) your getting, it's a bit difficult to narrow down. But there are several guides on the site and even one in quickfreedom itself to get your ipod into DFU mode. Something in cydia might not have installed correctly, a bug, bad flash, whatever, regardless you should be able to get the device into DFU mode with the right timing.

9. killaserg

killaserg New Member

ok even tho my ipod wont turn on this will still work?
  10. Germany

Germany Banned

I suggest putting it into DFU mode and then redoing your Jailbreak. Be careful with LogoMe. It is nice, but can cause a lot of troubles if you don't pay attention.