Ideas for iPod Touch 3G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fenderman8000, Jan 4, 2009.

1. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So i have been thinking..most likely a new line of iPods(Nanos, Shuffle, Touch and Classic) will be released again this fall(Around September). If they were to have an iPod Touch 3G what could there really be to improve it more? Heres my ideas.

• A Camera (like the one on iPhones) I was hoping it would be on the 2G..
    • Larger Memory!!!! Smallest 32GB, Medium 64GB, Largest 128GB?
    • Different backing!!! The back gets scratched wayy too easily. I use a Marware case got a scuff from having some lint or pebble go inside it..
    • Different Colors!!! that would be bada$$
    • FM Radio!! its soo simple yet Apple has never done it..
    • Built-in Microphone.
    • Better Speakers!!! lol
    • Themes/Customization
    • This is something that can be done by updating just the firmware, but the ability to download/rent Movies and TV Shows from online iTunes Store
    • Overall weight of the iPod lighter. the iPod Touch is way too fragile as of now.
    • Album/Song Shuffle
  2. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

that would be so wicked!!!!! i need more than 16gb and having a medium 64gb would be splendid lol... basically with all this stuff the ipod would turn into a mini iphone... lol all ur missing really is the phone and bluetooth... i dont think apple will go for this... but great ideas
  3. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    [*]Camera: Probably not going to happen, its just an iPod, it would add too much cost

[*]Flash memory upgrade: Possible, dont think it will be 128GB, I think it will be 16, 32, and 64GB

[*]Different backing: The back on the 2g is okay, but it does scratch and look bad after a while

[*]Different colors: If they do make a different backing, I am sure they will have a black and white

[*]FM Radio: Hardware is available on the 2g, but they refuse to enable it (would be nice)

[*]Built in mic: Would be nice for iPhone apps

[*]Better speaker: PLEASE!

[*]Better iTunes store: They should combine the app store app and the itunes app into one, then add the ability to download videos. No brainer, dumb move by Apple
  4. melih

melih New Member

I'm waiting for the 3G iPod Touch, so it better be good. I've still got a 1st generation iPod Touch and the 16gb is not enough!
  5. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Themes
    Radio
    Less Bugs
    Those are the 3 things I'm wishing for. Especially with those app bugs. I always have to reinstall them all the time.
  6. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    128GB?! Are you crazy?! That would cost so much.
  7. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    "less bugs" is something that Apple should easily be able to fix even right now, because thats just software/firmware stuff. Doesn't necceasary have to be on a new iPod model. Yes, Themes would be nice.. I would be willing to pay 400-500$ for a 128GB lol, remember when the 1st GEN 8GB model was 500$?
  8. DeAzncy

DeAzncy New Member

Dont think there will be an iPod Touch 3G for a while... but i wish they would add and upgrade to what you guys said... lol
  9. nelson480

nelson480 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ipods shouldnt have cameras cuz its not a phone, also most of the things you listed are on the iphone so you should just get an iphone and stop complaining.
  10. gonn3liito

gonn3liito New Member

The thing is, that if you guys want all that for the 3g. Then what will there be left for them to announce for the 4g?