Idea!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Harry Goldfarb, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I just got an idea, what if there was an app that allowed you to create your app order on your springboard from your computer. Then just sync and your app order is saved. I just hate when you come back from a trip and there is like 14 updates and you have to reorder everything. Is this possible
  2. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm not gonna lie to you, I don't have a clue what you're saying, please explain further.
  3. chadi

chadi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Whenever you install an app, it moves it to the first open space rather than the previous location. He wants something that saves the order so when you update and it gets messed up, you can like sync and the order returns to normal.

And I don't have a clue how to do this.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Oh , I see, I'm pretty sure there's a file in your iPod that saves the app order, I think if you simply back this up then replace it, you may get what you're looking for, as for me I'll just suck it up and move a couple icons,
  5. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4

this would b pretty cool, its kinda frustrating moving them on your ipod, mabye a pc software that is a copy of your iphone/ipot screen then you can just move them with your mouse then respring and BOOM!

6. Apple Freak

Apple Freak Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think there is a PC app that does just that. But it's LONG time ago, I think it's at the time of 1.1.1. I'm not quite sure
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It does make sense though. Think about it. In 1.1.4 (the last firmware I've jailbroken), if you deleted an application, only to reinstall it later, it went back to the same spot as you originally had it. This leads me to think that when you update an app on 2.0, you delete all of the original app except the preferences/settings, whereas Installer only deleted the file found in /Applications.
  8. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

that would be pretty cool
    i would definetely use that app if it is ever made
    good idea
  9. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Its not just that but when you get new games, your interests in your current games vary, so does your springboard if you keep it organized like that which i do. So if there was an app that simply showed you your different pages of apps on your computer then you could move them around that way. After your done you could re sync and it would change the order to the one you just made. It would me much faster and easier. Hope this makes it more clear.
  10. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    When I install AppStore apps it goes right back to it's original spot same with the Cydia apps. But I would like to change my icon order from my computer, that would be cool.