[IDEA]Ventrilo-Like App (Multiple Talking Users){Sourcecode Inc}

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Chripper, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Chripper

Chripper New Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Ok, we all know Ventrilo and Teamspeak are NOT open source, so that puts them off the track, but I need someone who can make an application which works like ventrilo simply that you use wifi to join hosted servers via IP and Port. I know this program named "Mumble" does a similar thing, and why I mention this program is because it is OPEN SOURCE and may be possible to simply make a cheap port to the ipod touch/iphone.

Link gives a page to show source code and the normal computer program.

I'm tired of seeing people say "Hey, theres already numerous apps for the iphone/ipodtouch that allow you to call people."
    My response; I'M not trying to call people, I'm trying to get an app which allows chat rooms Ventrilo style. If you don't know what ventrilo is, it allows multiple amounts of people join a "chat room" where you talk via microphone to each other.

So Any who I have No idea whatsoever how to engineer any type of app so hopefully some app dev's can get my idea and either link me to something that's similar to what I'm talking about or possibly engineer an app itself.