[Idea] Similar thread search

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by potroast32, Jul 31, 2008.

1. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

On some other forums they have an auto search when you type in the title of a new thread. It show similar threads below to prevent all the duplicates of threads. So if I type in somthing like "how do you jailbreak" you would see about a hundred threads that answer your question. I agree that people should just learn to search but the fact is they don't search and this will search for them and put it right in front of their eyes. Wouldn't it be nice to see less repeat threads and even better... there won't be anymore posts that say "I'm not telling you until you search!" because for every repeat thread there are 10 posts saying "SEARCH"
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I totally agree with that. Make a pole and maybe we can get it implemented into this forum
  3. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It used to exist when i first came here i think. it was very useful and helpful!
  4. h_picko

h_picko New Member

Why did they remove it...?!
  5. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    we had this but it didn't work when i updated the board to a new version of the forum software. once i'm back in the states (sunday) i'll try to see if i can get it back up and running.
  6. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    awesome. i liked that feature.

thanks bgizzle!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

Thanks, and by the way I was checking the one out on ubuntuforums ( I heard they had one) and I referred you when I signed up, hopefully it was you not some fake bgizzle..