Idea Search

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by touchesBegan, Nov 17, 2008.

1. touchesBegan

touchesBegan Guest

Hello,
    Whilst browsing around the internet I stumbled upon this site which I had surprisingly lever seen before. More surprising, the fact that I am in search of ideas for an iPod Touch / iPhone application.

As I can see this site is on a "Jailbreak" vibe. As I am developing for the Apple App Store please keep the ideas to things that don't modify, replicate, or compete with their current Apple applications because they will not have any of that. Re-do's of other peoples applications is ok. If someone made an app that needs to be remastered, thats a great idea.

Also I have gone through about 20 posts about application ideas and I have made a short list of things I wont make:
    • Photo Editors
    • Screen Recording*
    • Any Form of Halo*
    • A Video Site
    • Anything Copy-written*

* would upset Apple

Please and Thanks​
  2. iRadiated

iRadiated New Member

Hey,
    Welcome to iPod Touch Fans, from a fellow developer.

Application Ideas are slim pickings here. Most of the people who have good ideas never post them so we end up with unrealistic ideas like halo3 and whatnot. Its a bit sad.

I am in search of ideas also so if I see one here I will ask you first but like I said. Slim pickings.

Once again welcome!
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  4. iRadiated

iRadiated New Member

Thats a great game idea. The only thing is there is so many buttons that you press on the Xbox360 version of worms to get out a shotgun or a grenade. I don't think the heavy amount of weapons would be included if this game were made/ported. The graphics wouldn't be up to quo because I have no idea about Open GL Es and most of my applications a functional, and don't deal as much with the factor if that makes sense to you.

I would love to built this application just because its a great game.

Another thing about the game is, Artificial Intelligence. I have made a few but none would even be able to compete with a (excuse me) retard.

While this game is possible it is not very plausible, at-least not the way I in-vision it in my head. Maybe touchesBegan knows enough about this type of stuff to do it.

I don't think I have ever written that much in one reply since joining these forums.
  5. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

You could have a look on Cocos2d. So the graphics should be the easiest part, compared with the AI.

Btw: I can confirm that there aren't a lot people on this forum who have "realistic" ideas. Too bad.
  6. touchesBegan

touchesBegan Guest

Is there a site you can recommend that does?
  7. iRadiated

iRadiated New Member

Holy sh*t, Sign me up!

The youtube video looks promising!