[Idea] Official Community Source Repo

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by BigDaveyJ, Jan 15, 2009.

1. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, there are a lot of awesome themes and apps that are released onto these forums, but not onto Cydia. There should be a Community Source Affiliate, like what MMi did with MacThemes. Since 2.0, Skylar didn't add a Cydia repository to touchrepo.com because of what I suspect was all the work (I don't know the real reason) But why not get someone like BigBoss to be an official affiliate of ifans.com?
  2. Shazzamy

Shazzamy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Great idea! I support 99.9%!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    On behalf of spoonforknife: "Interesting concept, but frankly I don't think this will work very well. BigBoss isn't really part of this community and theme and app makers would still have to submit their packages to BigBoss the normal way. Nothing would change."
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

BigBoss should be handling all of your hosting needs. I handed the old repo, as well as all future content to him. Please, instead of creating a source, continue to send your packages to BigBoss.
  4. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That is what I mean by this, but instead of just saying this, it should be official and there should be a stickied thread in the release section for games and themes that informs them how to get it hosted.