[Idea] Nextsong

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by biggymac609, May 31, 2008.

1. biggymac609

biggymac609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    when you're listening to you're ipod while scrolling you're songs, do you ever see a song and think
    "o ok i want to listen to that song after this one is done", but then u have to wait till the song is over, wake ur ipod up then click the song

i was thinking maybe someone could make an app, integrated into musicplayer.app that does something like either u hold down the song then it flashes or something and it plays next, or like you swipe it and click to make it play

or has this been done??
  2. vanden9

vanden9 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You mean like the on the go playlist does?
  3. biggymac609

biggymac609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    on the go playlist i know on other ipods work like that, but on ipod touches u have to go to on the go, then scroll thru all of ur songs and them make a playlist

im talking about just saying: i want this song to play after the song i am currently listening to finish
  4. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Wow.

Ontopic:
    Playlists do that o_o
  5. biggymac609

biggymac609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    sorry, it's late and I'm trying to focus on the baseball game I'm watching.

Playlists don't really do what I'm asking.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if like you have a spur(sp?) of the moment decision to listen to a certain song after the one you are currently listening to, I was wondering if there was a way to tell your iPod, play THIS song next, without having to make a whole new playlist.

Like let's say you plugged you're iPod at a party and are DJ'ing, you could get the next song ready etc.
  6. biggymac609

biggymac609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    bump

Cmon guys this is a legit idea and correct me if I'm wrong but i think this would be very simple to make
  7. optimo

optimo New Member

there is not yet this type of interaction with the built-in player/playlists
    in fact, I have not yet seen any mods of the built-in players. The only way for this feature to be added would be for Apple to create a newer version of the player

'simple' is a different concept than 'easily done', especially when we require the manufacturer cooperation

I'm planning to support some playlist stuff with AVPlayer 0.4
  8. nevagas

nevagas New Member

that's a weird idea