IDEA: Lego Case?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by [AFX], Dec 12, 2007.

1. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

so i was thinking a few weeks ago, instead of ordering a case, why not make one out of legos? sounds childish, i know. but seeing as i dont have a credit card as of yet (only paypal), i cant really order much. the case i wanted to get originally could only be purchased through credit card or equivilent (amex for example) and Griffin doesnt accept paypal.

so i decided "maybe i can whip up a case using legos as a base". after building the base, i could smooth out the edges so they dont have that "sharp" effect. using a blank lego "board", i could make the "walls" of the case by using the first outer-layer of the board. the rest of the board (the inside where the ipod would be seated) could be used for peices that dont have any additional "bumps" (example: the flat peices).

after the case "base" is built, or even during the creation of the base, insert small dabs of nail glue/super glue inside each piece, so if you were to drop the case/ipod, it wouldnt shatter like it normally would.

i just have to figure out how the door/hinge would work without damaging it.

thoughts? should i attempt this? its been at least 7 years since i touched legos, but i thought it was an interesting concept.
  2. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

wont that be enormous?
  3. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

at first, yes, but after smoothing everything and perhaps shaving 4-5mm off of the sides it shouldnt be too big.
  4. RightOn

RightOn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Almost ANY electronics store that sells iPods will have a wide selection of cases... why not just pay cash there?
  5. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

because they dont have hard shell cases, only leather.

believe me, i thought about that already.
  6. Wambam1205

Wambam1205 Banned

that would look cool, especially if it was shaped after and you could do some crazy design.
  7. berky93

berky93 New Member

where do you live? I know the apple store has some hard cases, best buy sometimes does too.

I just ordered my hard case - borrowed my moms credit card
  8. IlluminatedTouch

IlluminatedTouch New Member

Maybe you can invent a "Make Your Own Lego iPod Case"? You can make a lot of money out of this!

Contact Lego, and tell them, maybe they will like it, and then make customized 'bricks' and send it to you, you make a prototype, and send it back to Lego, they send it to Apple, then bam! Your a rich man.

But of course you split the earnings 60/40! 60% of earnings for me, and 40% for you.
  9. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

That would be great!

To big though
  10. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

creative idea, but if your going to make a case out of lego and sand it off, why not just makea case out of clear pieces of plastic?