[IDEA] iWebX - Video Community

Discussion in 'Mobile Web Development' started by Ex-Touch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

I struck an idea last night. The idea is that I could create a website using Winterboard's iWebKit, and allow users to email videos to me and I could upload them to the site for users to view on their iPhones/iPods. All conversions and coding would be done by me, so they wouldn't have to worry about the format of the video. Later, if I get donations (Yeah, right) I could pay for a server and could create a YouTube-like clone (not really

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and allow users to upload their videos straight to their accounts, and then allow them to be private, (link-only) or public (access from menu). I really think that it's a rational and good idea, but I would like your opinion so I don't start working on it and no one's going to like it. All ideas are welcome also. Currently, I am installing Dreamweaver and will set up a page for this. If you want to help, you can post here or PM me. Like I said, this will be community-driven for the most part, so all ideas are welcome.
  2. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wow this is awesome but idk, you could run into some legal issues (maybe)
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPAA

Get yourself a Good Lawyer.
  4. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I heard of something called "The Entitlement Generation". Most people think that they are entitled to stuff like this. Because its out there, they think they have a right to it.
  6. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've never heard of it but I like the term. It's true though. Am I being too harsh you think?
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nahh, They have to learn some time. Better sooner or later. Its nice that they want to share it with other people, but they should learn to leave it up to the big guys. People who KNOW what they're doing. People who are ALLOWED to do it.
  8. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cool. at the rate it's going, EvanXTC is getting blistered while the other guy is removing the content. I don't see why America's youth can't handle the fact that if you don't own something, it isn't yours. This children, is why Limewire is bad (In addition to the list of technical faults it tends to cause)
  9. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Exactly. Though it is good that more and more companies/studios are slowly embracing the Internet and online content. Like Hulu with it's TV Show streaming. And now YouTube is getting full content from TV/Movie studios. Though not the most recent, its a start.
  10. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It is a start. I wish that we didn't have to have copyrights and trademarks and that We as Americans could respect people's belongings and not make it so that things like DRM exist. We will never see that I don't think.