IDEA: If your iPhone gets briked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kilroy00, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Kilroy00

Kilroy00 New Member

Well my friend and his entire family got iPhones the day they came out, they own a home-run apple company and They are a service provider and they do repair work and such... And my best friend Quickly got to work at hacking his iPhone and had it hacked for a while untill apple decided to start bricking them, He got scared when it was doing the update and unplugged it last second and un-hacked it, well ((He has recently re-hacked it now)) He was the one that helped me hack my iTouch the first time I had it hacked.. then i learned myself.. but anyways, we had an idea... If your iPhone gets brikked then apple wont help you with it and you have to buy a new one... but if you have apple care..just drop your iPhone in a bathtub then send it to apple, and they will fix it without bitiching about it being hacked because it will be toast and they wont know...

tl;dr: If your iPhone gets brikked... smash it or break it or water log it and get a new one

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just an Idea tho...
  2. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
  3. Kilroy00

Kilroy00 New Member

4. berky93

berky93 New Member

the onlyproblem I can see is if the iphone is anything like the ipod touch apple will know about the bathtub and not fix it. the ipod touch has a little strip of liquid-sensitive paper in it that changes color when submerged in water, so you can treturn or replace a water-logged device. chances are the iphoe has this too.
  5. Chumzz

Chumzz New Member

i thought apple didnt cover accidents

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    This has been brought up before, this isn't even worth a shot because once they detect water they'll completely disregard it and won't fix it. Water damage is water damage, and your out an iPhone. Needless to say you would be out of one too if they supposively ""bricked"" it.