[Idea]Graphing Calculator

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Bitter, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Bitter

Bitter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I was doing some algebra the other day, and I needed to use a calculator..of course not just any calculator will do for major algebra stuff, and the iPod only has a plain regular standard calculator, so I was thinking...if someone was able to create a graphing calculator application, it would be useful. I was just brainstorming, does anyone else have an opinion on this?

Bitter.
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

yup yup
    A lot of people have suggested this but there still is not one released yet(I kinda doubt that one will be released). There are scientific calculators people have made but sorry no graphing
  3. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    In the school related apps thread. i put a computer app that was a ti83 emulater. i think from that we should be able to do something, but no one has sed anything about it
  4. SilverTrumpet999

SilverTrumpet999 New Member

Calculator ROM dumps are not difficult to obtain (I would be open to providing my TI-89 Titanium's CAS v.3 ROM if it would help the community) and since the processors in even the best calcs are barely pushing the double-digit megahertz, these emulators should be:

1) Not tremendously difficult to implement, and
    2) 100% functional (slow original proc = less optimization required)

Personally, I feel this is still a developing 'field,' as it were, and that these emulators will come in time. Probably our best people are working on the game consoles, but at some point these should get made. I look forward to that day.
  5. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's not so much a matter of possible or not, but if we can find a programmer willing to make it.
  6. mikedavinci22

mikedavinci22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    guys if need be i can put up dumps of ti-83,85,89 roms/emulators that i got off of mininova.org

they work great on my laptop but i hate having to drag that to class, if someone could make use of the emulators for a port to the iTouch/iPhone i'd be more than happy to help