Idea for ipt2g booting

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skullz2222, Feb 9, 2009.

1. skullz2222

skullz2222 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have this wierd idea that just came to me.
    I was wondering if its possible to make an app that shows up in the springboard and if you click it you can reboot your ipod.This came to me after i started thinking about my ipod battery i remembered that when its turned off it uses the battery powery or atleast something inside of the ipod is working so that the calendar and clock would keep track of the time and date and i was wondering if you click the app and then reboot it would actually be running?
    I dont know about this but i would like to tell me what you think about this!
    Maybe the possibilities.
  2. xX_HaCkZzZ_Xx

xX_HaCkZzZ_Xx New Member

good idea but i doubt it
  3. skullz2222

skullz2222 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Or maybe another wierd idea - i open up my ipod and i add a button to make it boot LOL
  4. aewofij

aewofij New Member

Teehee to the boot-button.

But the most that you could accomplish with this would be a very low-power sleep, which would be nigh impossible, as the Dev-Team has stated that the sleep the iPod touch has now is pretty much as low-power as it can get. The main difference between sleeping and rebooting the iPod is that rebooting the iPod clears the RAM. Now, since therein lies the exploit, clearing it would be a bit detrimental to jailbreak.

Basically, one cannot truly reboot one's iPod, or even simulate the usefulness of a system reboot, until someone finds an exploit that is lower-level than the RAM.

I'm sorry, I truly wish that we could have this, too.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. ipizzle1

ipizzle1 New Member

Good thinking guys!
    I wonder if we can somehow install a iReboot or TownPwn to own cell phone and plug it to the itouch when needed rebooting and just push a button and it reboots the itouch in a minute or less! How about that!