Idea for Apple: Expanded pop-up music player?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ninesevennine_979, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ninesevennine_979

ninesevennine_979 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok guys, I'm sure you all know about the mini music player that pops up when you double-tap the home button:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Does anyone else think that Apple should upgrade this in the next FW update to include some more advanced functions? (e.g. showing album art, options for shuffle/repeat, maybe even browsing your music library?). This would be great - full control over your music without having to quit the game/app that you're currently running.

I'm thinking something like the actual music app itself, but smaller and as a pop up. At least Apple should give us a setting to choose between the basic, current mini-player or a more detailed version.

Also, I own a 2G iPod Touch so I've never been able to use a jailbroken iPod. Does anyone know of any apps thru Cydia/Installer that could do a similar kind of thing on a jailbroken iPod?

Thanks for reading =D

ninesevennine_979
  2. Lah~Lah

Lah~Lah New Member

I agree with you 100%...when i'm playing games..it's kinda annoying to go into the music list and then go back into the game just to change a song, i think a smaller "tracklist window" or something will be ideal, no need for cover art or anything, just enough functions that i can shuffle or something, don't you agree? XD
  3. iGary

iGary Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    That's a really good idea, in my opinion.
    And no, i don't think they have that for any jailbroken ipod touch, but who knows? I haven't gotten a jailbroken ipod b4. I'm waiting for redsnow XD
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its a "Pop Up Control", for scrubbing through songs, Play, Pause, FFWD, RWD, and Volume. To do more would make the Music app near pointless to use at all. Also, there is a reason why it has a link to open the "Music" app.

Now, if Apple would allow you to set the Home button for the iPod Touch to do other things, like what the iPhone has, that'd be something to look forward to.
  5. Lah~Lah

Lah~Lah New Member

Perhaps Apple will release it in a new update maybe :O
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Just for convenience... -.-
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    And more bloat. More stuff for it to load. Slowing it's launch time. Adding more ≠ Better/Convenient.
  7. Lah~Lah

Lah~Lah New Member

Yeah that could be true...
  8. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Have to agree here... It has everything you need for what it does. If you want more features, then go into the music app and do what you want... there is even a link to it in the mini pop up control.

Its small and easy to use for a reason... they dont need to put more functions on it, because its just not needed. its for quick access. not full access.
  9. Lah~Lah

Lah~Lah New Member

The point i am making here (sorry if you think i am arguing...fwendly discussion

) is that when you go into the music app, from a game, you can't go back into the game without going to the home screen. I find this annoying...i just wished they included a "back" button which allows you to go back to your game.
  10. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well its really true. its just an pop up control for changing through music and etc