[idea] bump-proof threads

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by brisingr, Aug 18, 2008.

1. brisingr

brisingr New Member

I have an idea. Threads with the last post older than 2-3 months will get closed, so no more useless bumping. Also, it would be nice to have the merger work with attachments.

just my 0.02
  2. ubunix

ubunix Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yea I like that idea also.
  3. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

Then instead of useless bumping you get useless posts about the same subject with people saying " I know this was posted before but that thread is closed so......".

Stopping people without a certain number of posts being able to start threads would be the best way to go in my opinion
  4. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    umm i don't wanna sound like a noob and everything but what's so wrong with bumping? i mean some topics get old but sometimes people want to start talking about it again and i think it helps... and before, someone told me to just make a new thread if i had a question concerning the old thread but that's making useless threads. wouldn't it be better to just keep one topic in one thread even if it's old?
  5. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
  6. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I say keep it as it is..
    Adding this feature may cause more repeated threads, rendering the search function almost useless if you are searching an older topic.

Also, once a really old thread is bumped, if more intullectual conversation isn't added to it, it's still closed relatively quickly, isn't it?
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It doesn't happen that much anyway. The recent bumping came from the children who left and thought it would be funny.
  8. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

I dont mind people bumping as long as its the right circumstances. As long as they as a decent question and not say something pointless then thats fine. Saves people moaning about a new thread being made about a topic thats already out there.

You cant win with some people on here though, some seem to have tantrums about people bumping so maybe it will be a good idea. But, more threads will be made and more tantrums will be had because of it.

Im sure bgizzle has had this come up before though, whether it be by members here or by himself and it hasnt happened so I dont expect it to =]
  9. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why don't we just leave it? It's not bothering anyone.
  10. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    right that actually makes sense but some people get so mad even when it's actually a decent, appropriate question being asked.