Idea: APP Title Changer

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ZMOBtiger, Jun 1, 2008.

1. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So I don't really know about making an app but I was wondering if it was possible to make an app that could go in and change the Info.plist files of every app someone has? This is where the naming of apps can be located. Not all apps have the required coding in the Info.plist file so the app would have to be able to add this in at the end:

<key>UIRoleDisplayName</key>
    <string>"Title"</string>

Where the user will be able to edit what goes in place of "Title". Just wondering if this was possible, and hoping that some would be interested in making it. This way people could rename their apps easily. Leave comments saying you would like it even if you don't know how to make it please. Thank you.
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I would love this app. You could make any theme more realistic, like "Firefox" or "Internet Explorer" for the Vista themes. And you could do it much, much easier than the current method. (Especially for noobs).
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There is an appropriate section for Application Ideas, called 'iPod touch Application Ideas' and can be found under the 'iPod touch Developers' section. It's located here.

On the other hand, good idea!
  4. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    u don't need an app to do this.

U just SSH and go into the applications folder. Find the app that you want to change the name of. Right click and hit rename. Change the name butt make sure you leave the .app at the end. Go onto your iPod and load the app that u changed the name of and I think it would crash to home. Now it will have the desired name and will not crash a second time.
  5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Oh, yeah, I didn't even notice, but this does need to be in the Ideas section, so developers can see it.
  6. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that would be helpfull, but 2.0 getting released soon so i dont think anyones starting any big projects for 1.1.4 until we see wat apple really has iin store for everyone
  7. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    okay...i will put this in the idea section even though there is a point about how developers won't really be working on anything but 2.0 stuff. And you cannot just change the name in front of the .app for every app...atleast not on 1.1.3, many apps are no longer functional. And yes this is intended for noobs who don't know how to SSH and just for convenience for everyone else.