Icy trouble soon to be over?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ahero4heor, Mar 31, 2009.

1. ahero4heor

ahero4heor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I sure seems like it will be from this Twitter from RipDev to Saurik. They've been talking quite civilized.

Just in case you're not familiar with this whole thing going on, several users reported that they were experiencing issues, reporting that it was unsafe to go through uninstallation and that it would remove Cydia upon being forced to be removed. You had two options when trying to uninstall Cancel(safe) and Uninstall(unsafe). Obviously uninstalling the "unsafe" way would leave you on the edge. Rightfully so. At that time it would uninstall Cydia, according to the daring users. I suppose that's when Saurik and RipDev would start getting word of this. They talked on Twitter a bit and now it seems they will have fixed something both in Icy and Cydia.

Thoughts?
  2. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, if you are a user that doesn't like Icy, and choses to uninstall the application, the easiest and safest way to successfully remove the application, fully, is to remove the .app folder from /Applications and remove the plist from the /private/var/mobile/Library/something... folder. This is the safe way. Hopefully RipDev keeps their word about removing the issues in the next update.
  3. Music=Life

Music=Life Banned

ya i think ripdev needs alot more work on icy befor they would have released it at least call it a beta version
    i mean i like the way there heading with it but i just dont like the fact there are no info on the apps and screen shots of the app befor you install it
    and when i uninstalled the unsafe way cause i didnt know how to remeove it befor i read on the safe way to remove it it just tottaly screwed up cydia apps wouldnt let me delete and uninstall any app on my ipod touch and cydia would crash and apps wouldnt load so the only way i had to fix it was to restore and rejailbreak witch sucked ass but oh well its all good now but as soon as ica comes out with a better verson then ill download it again
  4. ahero4heor

ahero4heor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Really? You couldn't even SSH in and fix some of the stuff?

I know honestly if they're going to do this they should be testing every feature and make sure it won't screw anything up. I honestly think it has dependencies on at least a few of Cydia's files if not more. I don't know that for sure but don't you think it's odd how they're just killing off Installer 4 to replace it with another form of Cydia? I mean sure you could re-release it and call it Icy but what's the real advantage over using the actual Cydia wen Icy is already being blocked?